• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Supplemental draft

scpanther22

a new guy has joined Texas Tech DE McKinner Dixon

Texas Tech DE McKinner Dixon has joined Kentucky DE Jeremy Jarmon and others in having acquired eligibility for the NFL Supplemental Draft.

Dixon had nine sacks as a junior playing opposite Cowboys fifth-round pick Brandon Williams. This will be of the top Supplemental lotteries in years with FSU WR Corey Surrency, Southern Miss WR Torris Magee, Kansas State WR Deon Murphy, Central Michigan OT Joe McMahon, and Western Kentucky LB Blake Boyd also eligible. Jarmon is could go as high as the third round after running between 4.75 and 4.84 at 6'3/278 during his Pro Day last week

from roto http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Nice, but not a great defensive program overall. Plus we don't have a first rounder next year, we don't need to get rid of a mid rounder as well, it might be necessary to move around in the draft next year and we need ammo to do that.

For those who care, the draft is today at 1 eastern. It is done by phone and usually only takes an hour and a half to do all seven rounds. It is not televised as far as I know.

thanks i dont think we will get anybody..but we do have a extra 6th round pick i would not mind geting rid of..but the last thing we need is another DE

yup. what i dont understand is the drafts prospects and why they are in the supplemental draft and couldnt do the regular draft, and why wouldnt they want to wait til next year to come out.

most of the guys do something wrong like jarmon tested for a banned substance but the skins gave up 3rd round pick for him.

what i want to know is what happens if nobody drafts these guys..do they get to do FA contracts

The reason most of them enter, is because whatever they did to prevent them from entering the draft (academics/doping/extreme behaviour), also prevents them from finishing their programme. All of the guys entering this supplemental draft were not able to play for their colleges/uni's the coming season.

Archived