• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A late draft review

posthumecaver

http://www.draftcountdown.com/reviews/Teams/Carolina-Panthers.php

I am surprised that he is so down for our draft but I guess it was no different when we picked Otah last year with next year's first...

And I find his argument that there is no immediate starter in this draft core weak, when 21 starting player of one team returns, it is obvious that a team will draft for depth...

Is that different for Patriots or there starting line-up is full of rookies....

And I don't think Fox and Hurney are so hopeless.....Last years run gives them at least 2 years more....

I see at least 2 glaring signs that point to this guy is a douche bag.

1. Stupid Statement

"The Carolina Panthers once again failed to live up to preseason expectations in 2008 and as a result many in the organization are feeling the heat."

Last year there were limited expectations for the panthers in the preseason. Not too many people thought we would go 12-4 and win the division.

2. Stupid Title

Scott Wright is the "President" of Scott Wright's Draft Countdown. Wreaks of insecurity.

Hidden

Topping that list is head coach John Fox, who has just about used up all of the goodwill he generated by taking the franchise to its first Super Bowl back in 2003. That air of desperation was evident on Draft Day when the Panthers traded a future #1 pick for the second year in a row. Carolina clearly has some issues but they also have the talent to be considered legitimate contenders. Will this crop of rookies put the Panthers over the top or was this the swan song for their current regime?

Losing equates to fresh blood being regenerated... Naturally that's the case. But this opinion is baseless.

martin is 25..man by the time he gets adjusted to the NFL he will be almost 30..

He probably doesn't have that much wear on him though. Deangelo will be 27 next season which I find hard to believe but I think his football age is closer to 25 of so if you consider that he basically didn't play his first year, and maybe got 30% of the carries his 2nd year, and now he splits with J Stew. He beasted on only 273 carries.

1. Stupid Statement

"The Carolina Panthers once again failed to live up to preseason expectations in 2008 and as a result many in the organization are feeling the heat."

Last year there were limited expectations for the panthers in the preseason. Not too many people thought we would go 12-4 and win the division.

2. Stupid Title

Scott Wright is the "President" of Scott Wright's Draft Countdown. Wreaks of insecurity.

Yeah, I couldn't get past that part either. Hell, everybody was picking the Saints to win the South last year anyway, so I would say that the Panthers actually exceeded most people's expectations.

The only relevent question after any draft is... did they make the team better? I believe the answer is yes. I'll worry about the next draft when it gets here.

He probably doesn't have that much wear on him though. Deangelo will be 27 next season which I find hard to believe but I think his football age is closer to 25 of so if you consider that he basically didn't play his first year, and maybe got 30% of the carries his 2nd year, and now he splits with J Stew. He beasted on only 273 carries.

yeah but dwill is a RB and jstew is very young and will take heat off him..but martin is a CB with a injury history and will be a 25 year old rookie

The Carolina Panthers once again failed to live up to preseason expectations in 2008 and as a result many in the organization are feeling the heat. Topping that list is head coach John Fox, who has just about used up all of the goodwill he generated by taking the franchise to its first Super Bowl back in 2003.

just when you thought you've heard it all and opinions couldn't be even more far off, you read this.

Guy must have read bleacher report often..

1. Stupid Statement

2. Stupid Title

Yes, seems like he did not do his homework on the Panthers "failed to live up to preseason expectations in 2008" More like wildly exceeded the Preseason expectations after the weak 2007 season and starting quarterback coming off of Tommy John surgery. Pundits were very doubtful going into that San Diego game. Panthers won their division and a first round bye in the playoffs.

Here is his email address if anyone wants to question his thinking?

[email protected]

1. Stupid Statement

2. Stupid Title

The Failed expectations is when I stopped reading. If your going to write an article on a sport, do your homework before you write the article. Unless you like looking like a dumb ass like this guy.

The Failed expectations is when I stopped reading. If your going to write an article on a sport, do your homework before you write the article. Unless you like looking like a dumb ass like this guy.

A late look at teams with a bias is simply that and nothing more. Why would you guys give it any more more credibility than that?

A late look at teams with a bias is simply that and nothing more. Why would you guys give it any more more credibility than that?

Didn't give it any credibility, just stated that he looked like a dumb ass and should have at least did his homework before he wrote the article. I really don't give any credibility to many articles anymore. Most are just hoopla or BS.

Archived