• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free Agent WR's anyone?

pstall

In no certain order. I have to think one of these guys could be plugged in. But I wonder if Smitty would "allow" it?

Brandon Lloyd

Drew Bennett

Marvin Harrison

Shaun McDonald

Marty Booker(Western Carolina)

Justin McCareins

Dane Looker

Ronald Curry(Heel)

Ashley Lelie

Matt Jones(stop laughing)

Darrell Jackson

Amani Toomer

Some dude named Plaxico(no chance I know)

Joey Porter

I always thought Jerry Porter was going to be a big time receiver. Never worked out though. But do we really need another WR for Jake not to throw to. :P I think we should really make sure to have DJ out on the field as much as possible this year, so to groom him for a Moose replacement.

Brandon Lloyd....this guy? blduck.gif no thanks.

Drew Bennett....deer caught in headlights.

Marvin Harrison.....we have moose

Shaun McDonald....pass. not any better than what we have on the roster.

Marty Booker(Western Carolina)....no thanks

Justin McCareins....blah

Dane Looker...who?

Ronald Curry(Heel)...not an upgrade over any options we have.

Ashley Lelie....jarrett is better

Matt Jones(stop laughing)...not enough coke in the carolinas to keep that boy happy

Darrell Jackson...old and worn out.

Amani Toomer....too old. would rather work with what we have

Some dude named Plaxico(no chance I know)....no.

Joey Porter ....not a receiver.

I'd love to have Drew Bennett. I think he'd be a good replacement for Moose - experienced, but not too old, tall, and capable of big plays. But I don't think he's a free agent. Rams singed him to a six-year contract in '07. I could be wrong.

Then again, I think the team is committed to Jarrett.

The only one I would take a chance on is Matt Jones, but Carolina wouldn't take him with his drug history. I think we are set WR anyways. Smith, Moose, Jarrett, Robinson, and Mike Goodson. I'm fine with that.
ditto that.

I think that we are fine at WR.....there are barely enough balls to go around as it is. I wouldnt be surprised if Smith has 100 catches this season, considering that he isnt suspended....well as of now anyways.

Jarrett is gonna step up though I think.

Jarrett HAS to. The last 5 games, Moose and Smith were about it in catching the ball.

DeA carried the bacon home down the stretch.

But in the losses, teams locked down Smith and went one on one with Moose. Game over.

If you are not going to throw the ball to your RB's out of the backfield either you need to start doing that or find that 3 or 4th WR to take away a teams predictable gameplan to stopping the Panthers.

Archived