• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A change did Beavers good

scpanther22

seems cocky to me...thats not always a bad thing for a WR but coming for D3and being as small as he is..IDK

It would seem impossible to expect Beavers to generate those kinds of gaudy numbers as a professional; even Chicago's All-Pro Devin Hester scored on 8.7 percent of his returns during his breakthrough rookie season in 2006, a season that is the recent standard-bearer for NFL returners.

But he feels that his skills on returns will bridge the massive gap between Division III and the NFL.

"The numbers don't lie at all," he said with confidence.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/a-change-did-beavers-good/69b82ae1-65a0-401f-bffc-7e820708baab

I see it as a spout of confidence. Would you really want someone on the team saying "Yeah my numbers wont be close to that." Or something along those lines? That'd sound to me like he's throwing in the towel and expecting to be cut without much effort put in to try and stay.

I see it as a spout of confidence. Would you really want someone on the team saying "Yeah my numbers wont be close to that." Or something along those lines? That'd sound to me like he's throwing in the towel and expecting to be cut without much effort put in to try and stay.

Yeah, I take it more as confidence than arrogance. Not to slight Mark Jones, who was our best returner since Smith, but if someone with Jones' speed can do what he did last year, what do you think Beavers could do?

But it was his work on special teams that drew NFL attention, particularly in a senior season last fall that saw him score on eight of his 30 total returns -- an incredible 26.7 percent of his runbacks.

Beavers' gaudy averages last year -- 39.5 per kickoff return; 29.2 per punt return -- ensured that someone, somewhere would notice and bring him into an NFL camp

Just thought I would post the part of the article which tells some of his stats from college. The NFL is different but skills is skills

I thought change could lead to yeast infections for beavers...could be wrong though.

Beavers will be fine. He just needs to make sure he showers and scrubs after practice to wash all the sweat and funk off. A hot and smelly Beavers is not good during press conferences.

Archived