• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Comparing the second half of our schedule to Detroit's....

CardiacCats

Not good.  We're probably going to be competing with them for that last playoff spot.  Through our last 9 games we play Atlanta twice, New Orleans twice, go to San Francisco, host the Patriots and also have tough games against decent teams in the Jets and Dolphins.  Our only real gimme is home against Tampa Bay.  Meanwhile the Lions play the Bears, Steelers, Bucs, Pakers (at home), Eagles, Ravens (at home) then the Giants and Vikings.  Probably their two toughest games (imo) are both at home.  Their schedule is MUCH easier than ours.  I'm not even sure 10-6 would get us in.  Not to put a damper on anyone's day but I'm just pointing out we have to GO HARD! KEEP POUNDING! I believe

Anything can happen, lets look at last year for example

This time last year Detroit was 4-4 coming off a playoff appearance.

They proceeded to lose every single remaining game with Stafford and Calvin playing.

That includes a week 15 28 point blowout to a reeling Cardinals team that could not win any other game past September. That Cards team was coming off a 58-0 loss to Seattle and a loss to the hapless Jets before that. Lions allowed 3 TDs to currently unemployed Beanie Wells that game. 

You should post the Saints schedule too.  I think it's much more likely Carolina wins the division than beats out Detroit for the wild card.  

@Jets 

Cowboys 

49ers 

@Falcons 

@Seahawks 

Panthers 

@Rams 

@Panthers 

Bucs 

Saints are looking at around 11-5 and that's if the Panthers sweep them.  Things would change a lot if they drop a game against the Jets or Cowboys.  Hell even a loss against the 49ers in the dome isn't a given.  They have a tough schedule same as the Panthers and the best chance the Panthers have to make the playoffs is to win all their divisional games.  Do that and they have a shot, otherwise they will probably finish about 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

Archived