• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers Contract extention?

o803oVaDeR

I heard last night on NFL Network that Peppers was going to get somewhere in the neighborhood of $40mil guaranteed. They said he was trying to work out a deal to get off the Franchise Tag. They talked about him and one other guy, but I cant remember who. Has anyone else heard this or are the NFL Network guys just assuming, to try to generate a story?

I hope this is legit as the deadline to get deals done for franchise players is July 15th (I think) Forty mil guaranteed is ok IMO as that is about what he would make this year and next if we were to franchise him again although there were no specifics on the length of the contract. If we can clear a bit of cap space in the interim to sign some OL depth it would be huge for this team entering training camp.

peppers' agent said that Julius is open to long term contract discussions just after he signed the tender. 40 mil guaranteed only sounds like a 3 yr deal though since Pep is now worth about 14 mil a year.

40 Million guaranteed and 40 Million unguaranteed more for a 6 year deal sounds about right...

I hope this is legit as the deadline to get deals done for franchise players is July 15th (I think) Forty mil guaranteed is ok IMO as that is about what he would make this year and next if we were to franchise him again although there were no specifics on the length of the contract. If we can clear a bit of cap space in the interim to sign some OL depth it would be huge for this team entering training camp.

I did not know there was a deadline to sign contract extentions for Franshise Players. So if a deal is not done before July 15th he is stuck under the Franchise tag?

Archived