• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taylor looks to add moves

scpanther22

i think taylor staying will have a lot to do with brown and johnson...both are pass ruchers and if one of them can step up and the other does good in the backup i think taylor is gone..why would we keep him

in a word..reps

neither one of those cats is as fast as Hilee. If Meeks can teach him a little, he can be very special.

i havent thought about this but we may keep him this year..because braytons contract is up after this season..we could have a very good pass rush for a long time

look at what meeks did for mathis..i think he got like 11 sacks as a backup last year

i rem fox talking about brinkley durning cuts last preseason..when they wanted him over some other guys so they put him on PS..but i dont think he makes the team anyway

For the record, I like Brinkley too, but I just think the team likes Taylor more. It's not just Fox either...I've heard a couple of Taylor's teammates, including Beason, mention him before. It seems that Hilee has made a good impression on everybody. Why else would there be so many videos and articles about him at Panthers.com?

The team likes to carry nine DL guys. Looking at what they have now, five of the nine being DEs isn't a huge stretch, especially if guys like Brayton and Johnson can play both spots (a NY Giants style rush scheme).

Brian Baker was easily the most entertaining coach to watch during minicamp. I think he may just turn out to be a steal of a hire. I love that he's teaching a variety of pass rush moves.

Peppers knows his share but it's been pointed out that most of his sacks come on bull rushes. If he were equally successful with a larger arsenal of moves, who knows?

Likewise, Everette Brown's highlights show a decent arsenal but a decided preference for the dip and rip. With a wider variety used consistently and honed under Baker's guidance, he could be just the complementary threat we've needed.

We'll see.

I think this off-season was about finding coaches that make players aggressive on both sides of the ball. I know when Fox came to the Panthers he said he wanted a aggressive attitude and I think that is what he is getting back too. Really Meeks is alot less Meek then Trgo was. I am really ready to see how Delhomme's new QB coach dose with him. I think coaching and a Head coach surrounded by good coaches is the most important thing in the NFL.

i think he is definitely on the bubble. With carrying an extra kicker and a long snapper, it will be hard to carry 5 DE's. Peppers, Johnson, Brayton, and Brown are locks....Taylor may be the odd man out.

Not to mention if they keep two FBs in Hoover and Fiammetta too. It's going to be interesting, and maybe a little heart breaking, to see who doesn't make the team for lack of roster spots this season.

Not to mention if they keep two FBs in Hoover and Fiammetta too. It's going to be interesting, and maybe a little heart breaking, to see who doesn't make the team for lack of roster spots this season.

i agree i think some good players will get cut this year.

Archived