• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scoring and other suggestions for HCL?

PntherPryd

Latest check run results.

Top 50

QB - 20 (26 in top 100)

RB - 16 (27 in top 100)

WR - 10 ( Over 30 in the top 100)

TE - 1 (3 in top 100, 5 in top 150)

Def - 3 (11 in top 100)

Changes made.

.5 Pts per reception.

6 pts per Touchdown

1 pt every 25 Pass yards

1 Bonus Pt for every Rush, Pass, or reception that goes over 40 yards.

The top 100 in this is extremely balanced, about as balanced as your going to get. Qb's are now co-kings of the land with RB's, While WR are very Balanced throughout the top 100. While the TE's don't have great numbers, they improved drastically compared to earlier Check runs.

Just to give a Note on Checks that have been made.

With 6 pt td and 1 pt 25 yards + .5 per reception + Bonus Points for Long plays (Runs, passes, Catches.)

The top 10 consisted of 7 QB's and 3 RB's with the top 9 hitting 300 Fantasy Points.

The First QB on the list is First, the first RB on the list is 4th, the first WR on the list is 11th, the first TE on the list is 43rd and the first Defense on the list is 42nd.

I'll be Running a few more checks at some point today. I'm Running one at the moment and I'll post the results when I wake up.

List of the changes on the current check, I'll post the results here when I wake up.

QB changes

6 pts per td

1 pt per 50 yards

1 bonus pt per 25 yards when QB goes over 250 yards

1 bonus pt for every pass over 40 yards

RB Changes

.25 per reception up to 6

.5 bonus pts per reception from 7th catch up

1 Bonus pt per Rush over 40 Yards

WR/TE Changes

.25 per reception up to 6

.5 bonus pts per reception from 7th catch up

2 pts for 100 yards, then 1 pt every 25

1 bonus pt per Reception over 40 yards

Latest check with the above rules added

Top 50 / 100

QB's - 16/24

RB's - 16/28

WR' - 14/31

TE's - 01/03 (meh, but it did bump them up. 13 in the top 200 now)

DEF - 03/11

Extremely balanced results, just with a lot of Fantasy Points scored as 1 player hit the 400 pt mark.

10 Players hit the 300 pt mark

While 52 Players hit the 200 pt mark.

This is by far the most balanced result we've gotten yet. TE's are still Meh, but nothing can be done about that really. This result did have 3 in the top 100, with 13 in the top 200.

Scoring will go up with this for sure.

Fantasy Tip for TE's (Greg Olsen for Chicago!!!!!!!) Who else will Cutler throw it too???????

just fix the frickin' QB scoring....last year was an abomination. The first QB in scoring came in at #20 (Aaron Rodgers!) and there were THREE defenses higher than him! There were only 2 other QBs in the Top 30.

Just for reference from last year, in the Top 50 there was:

01 TE

07 QBs

09 D/STs

11 WRs

22 RBs

must spread..yada yada yada

7 of the top 10 being QBs is a little too many, and there are more WRs in the top 100 than RBs. I know you're trying to even things out but I think you're overcompensating a little too much. It's not THAT far off though and still looks alot better than what you guys had last year.

Scratch the previous test run, I figured out why there were so many points scored. Fixed it, running a test check now with these changes.

QB's are back to a plain 1 pt for every 25 yards.

Added the bonuses for plays over 40 yards back in. 1 pt each

WR's now get .5 per catch up. Also get 2 bonus points for every 10 catches in a game.

Everything was getting screwy with all the extra settings being added. So I re did everything from top to bottom and went with a more basic scoring system. With 5 pt bonuses for every 250 pass yards, every 100 rush yards and every 100 rec yards. Also gave a 1 pt bonus for passes, rushes, and receptions over 40 yards.

Why not do QBs at

1 pt per 25 passing

4 pts per passing TD

a 300/3 would net 24 pts

Also, wasn't fond of the bonus pts for going over 100 yards for RBs and WRs. They get 1 pt per 10 anyway.

Glad to see QBs get fixed though. My biggest hope every week last year was that my QB didn't cost me the game.

Also wouldn't mind seeing fumbles be -2 pts either.

The last thing I wouldn't mind changing is FA pickups. I was doing really well last year until I got a slew of injuries in the last 4 weeks. I had absolutely no way to pick up anyone because my record was too good from winning early on and having a high points total. I don't know if it's possible, but being able to base FA pick ups on the past 4 week records would work really well. That way, if someone does get a lot of injuries, they can still get players off free agency to try and survive.

Archived