• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scoring and other suggestions for HCL?

PntherPryd

didn't really bump WRs that much, did it....I don't much care if any D is in the top 50 to be honest.

No it didn't but it did balance out the QB's and Rb's.

Scoring has been changed back till me and Pryd can discuss the results from these changes. Unless there are any other suggestions we'll run with those 4 and try and find a middle ground on the scoring so everything balances out.

Not a big fan of the PPR stuff. I would put the QB at 1 point for every 25 yards, but move the TDs from 6 points back to 4. That should lower their totals down.

QBs are trying to get a boost, not a reduction. My feeling has always been that if you get 6 for running or catching a TD, you oughta get the same for passing.

Interceptions really killed QBs last year....you were losing half of TD points if your guy threw an INT....whereas RBs and WRs were losing only about 1/3 if they fumbled. That's not very fair IMO.

I thought you got 1 point for every 50 yards passing last year? So moving it to 1 point for every 25 yards should give QBs a nice boost. Seemed like doing that AND moving TDs from 4 to 6 gave them too much of a boost. So, bump up the yards, leave the TD points the same.

Here's the standard scoring on my FleaFlicker leagues. Seems to work out pretty well.

1 point for every 20 Passing Yards

4 points for every Passing TD

-2 points for every Interception

You also get bonuses for passing over 300 yards, 25+ completions and long TDs but those are the main points.

Not a big fan of the PPR stuff. I would put the QB at 1 point for every 25 yards, but move the TDs from 6 points back to 4. That should lower their totals down.

I'm not either, but with it being only .5 per reception it's not that big of a change for most Wr's.

Unless you've got a Andre Johnson or Wes Welker it doesn't matter too much, most Wr's get insane Per reception yardage and only end up with around 5-6 catches a game.

I thought you got 1 point for every 50 yards passing last year? So moving it to 1 point for every 25 yards should give QBs a nice boost. Seemed like doing that AND moving TDs from 4 to 6 gave them too much of a boost. So, bump up the yards, leave the TD points the same.

Here's the standard scoring on my FleaFlicker leagues. Seems to work out pretty well.

1 point for every 20 Passing Yards

4 points for every Passing TD

-2 points for every Interception

You also get bonuses for passing over 300 yards, 25+ completions and long TDs but those are the main points.

The first change was with 1 pt every 25 yards, as well as 6 pts per passing Td. I put a comparison of all the test runs in a post.

How's it look if for QBs you have 1 pt for every 25 yards, but leave the TDs at 4 points and leave everything else the same for other positions?

I saw that post, just not sure how to go back and calculate the points myself.

Me or Pyrd have to run a check on it by making the changes and letting the system on the website update the information for everyone.

Archived