• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scoring and other suggestions for HCL?

PntherPryd

You are correct (again)

Your 2009 league scoring system has recently changed (or, you've recently upgraded your 2008 league to 2009), and based on that, we've re-calculated all 2008 (and 2007) player scores on your 2009 Top Performers/Player Stats report for you, to reflect this updated league scoring system. To ensure that your scoring system is set up 100% accurately, please do the following.

6 pts per passing Td and 1 pt for every 25 yards. Means if your QB throws for 300 yards and 3 Td's, His pt total would be.

12 pts - 300 yards

18 pts - 3 td

30 pts total.

Wow, that really shook things up! Top 50 scoring using last year's data now is spread out like so:

04 - D/STs

07 - WRs

17 - RBs

22 - QBs

Happy to see less D/STs in the top 50 but would like to see more balance among the big 3 point earners. A few less QBs, a few more WRs would be great...though I wouldn't know what to suggest regarding point setup to make that happen.

Also this makes TEs next to useless as the first one doesn't come in on the points chart until #63 (Tony Gonz) and the next one is wayyyy down at #133.

Nothing's set yet, just trying to find a balance while trying to make QB scoring more viable then it was last season.

22 QB's in the top 50 is a little high personally, I figured it be something like 16 or so in the top 50. I think I might have adjusted too much on that change.

Though looking deeper, there were 21 WR in the top 100 compared to 27 Qb in the top 100. Which is pretty balanced, just qb's were top heavy in points with 22 in the top 50.

Once this one goes through, Me and Pyrd will look through the three results and try to find a balance on scoring. Making Qb's more Viable pts wise and finding a balance among the other spots as well. Any reasonable suggestion will be considered and the options will be weighed to find the best scoring rule set for the league. If you have a suggestion and for what ever reason you don't want to post it, you can PM me with the suggestion as well.

The Final scoring will be linked and posted in the Fantasy forum before the 12th of August.

22 QB's in the top 50 is a little high personally, I figured it be something like 16 or so in the top 50. I think I might have adjusted too much on that change.

yeah, I agree....would like to see more balance if possible. At least 12 players in the top 50 at QB, RB & WR would be great. With 12 teams in a draft, I think good players would be available for quite a few rounds.

Just for shits & giggles I checked 2007 (using data and scoring from that year) and found:

03 - TEs

06 - RBs

10 - D/STs

16 - WRs

15 - QBs

How bout that...more defenses in the top 50 than running backs! That year we could have backed down on receivers and d/st a bit and given a bumb to rbs.

Scoring output's from Suggestion's Vs last year scoring.

Changes

QB's are back to a plain 1 pt for every 25 yards.

Added the bonuses for plays over 40 yards back in. 1 pt each

WR's now get .5 per catch up. Also get 2 bonus points for every 10 catches in a game.

Top 50/100

QB - 20/26

RB - 16/26

WR - 10/30

TE - 01/03

Def- 03/11

Top 50 using 6pts Td, and 1 pt every 50 yards for QB's

Qb's 12

Rb's 21

WR's 10

TE's 0

D/st 7

Top 50 using 6pt td's and 1 pt every 25 yards.

04 - D/STs

07 - WRs

17 - RBs

22 - QBs

With Panthro's Suggestion of .5 per catch + the qb's changes from above.

Top 50

19 qb's

17 Rb's

10 Wr's

1 TE (although three are in the top 100 now)

3 Defense's

With RnR's suggestion of 4 pts - td and 1 pt - 25 yards

top 50

18 QB's

19 RB's

8 WR's

0 TE's

5 Def's

.5 Pts per reception.

6 pts per Touchdown

1 pt every 25 Pass yards

1 Bonus Pt for every Rush, Pass, or reception that goes over 40 yards.

Top 50

QB - 20 (26 in top 100)

RB - 16 (27 in top 100)

WR - 10 ( Over 30 in the top 100)

TE - 1 (3 in top 100, 5 in top 150)

Def - 3 (11 in top 100)

Top 50 last year

01 TE

07 QBs

09 D/STs

11 WRs

22 RBs