• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6% of NFL.com viewers pick Steve Smith as Best WR

PhillyB

I can't possibly say who is better between Smitty or AJ, here are their yearly averages since becoming starters:

Steve Smith

71rec 1032yds 14.5ypc 6.5td

Andre Johnson

81rec 1063yds 13.1ypc 5.5td

Per game:

Steve Smith

5.5rec 78.0yds .50TD

Andre Johnson

5.7rec 74.2yds .38TD

That's a cool stat that u pulled up but Steve came into the league at a disadvantage for building a HOF resume being a returner on a piss poor team. The fact that he developed into a 1000 yard receiver in only 3 years is pretty impressive.

You see his kind of thing around the league(media and fan wise). They don't know jack sh1t about our players. These morons would put Steve Smith and Bernard Berrian in the same sentence. How quickly they forget that this man is the only triple crown winner in the past 20 years. He was the most productive WR in the NFL last season. But that doesn't matter because the Cardinals were the media darlings of the world and they were on Fitz's jock the whole way through the playoffs. And they never consider the fact that the Cards have a past heavy offense with another pro bowl WR in Boldin. If Smith was on the Cards or the Patriots he would absolutely sh1t everyone, more so than he does now, and he could potentially be HOF lock.

But its not just Smith, its Deangelo, its Beason, its Gamble, its Ryan Kalil, its T. Wharton etc. We aren't going to get the respect we deserve until we demolish the Cowboys on Monday night and shove a SB down everyone's f'kn throats and thats just how its going to be. We are a small market team, and we panther fans know how good our players are, and if no one else sees that than they can eat a dick.

I no longer need to reply to this thread except to raise my post count. You stole the words straight out of my mouth man.

I hope we never become media darlings though, and it could easily happen if we do well this season.

That's a cool stat that u pulled up but Steve came into the league at a disadvantage for building a HOF resume being a returner on a piss poor team. The fact that he developed into a 1000 yard receiver in only 3 years is pretty impressive.

Well I discounted Steve's first year but after that he did see regular use. I think what is holding him back the most was 2004 when he broke his leg. However a few more good years and he'll be in.

In 2005 Steve Smith was the best reciever in the NFL. I can't really remember who was the best in 2006 but 2007 Randy Moss stole the show. In 2008 it was hands down Larry Fitzgerald.

Who will it be this year? It could be Smith or Fitzgerald or Johnson or Moss. No one knows at this point.

I am actually surprised that Smith got 6%. In my opinion Fitzgerald not recieving 100% is misjustice on his part. And while Smith is a very cocky player I seriously doubt he wouldn't give that same repect to Fitz as well. Greatness apprechiates greatness.

Hidden

and this is all really important because it is the fans and talking heads opinion that matters. fans and talking heads decide who wins games. fans and talking heads decide who wins championships. fans and talking heads decide who is the best.

because we don't have players who are the first coming out of everyone's mouths as the best we suck.

if you morons are looking for approval from the idiot masses to be deemed relevant then you are even dumber than those who are "slighting" you favorite players.

the only thing that matters is the results at the end of each game and, ultimately, at the end of the season. what these morons think doesn't matter.

stats are for fantasy football and madden. the only stat that matters is the score and the record. we have an actual team that is really good and doesn't have to ride on the back of one person who is deemed the best by the general population of droolers.

This thread is rapidly becoming like the many "Quien es mas smokin'" threads in the Lovely Ladies forum.

Any team is lucky to have any of these players.

It's all moot anyways. Barring injury, Megatron will soon challenge Rice for the GOAT.

I am actually surprised that Smith got 6%. In my opinion Fitzgerald not recieving 100% is misjustice on his part. And while Smith is a very cocky player I seriously doubt he wouldn't give that same repect to Fitz as well. Greatness apprechiates greatness.

I imagine Smitty would probably say something like "Fitz is the best but I'm better." Then smile and laugh.

It's all moot anyways. Barring injury, Megatron will soon challenge Rice for the GOAT.

CJ will be the next AJ, but I doubt anyone will ever be as good as Rice.

In 2005 Steve Smith was the best reciever in the NFL. I can't really remember who was the best in 2006 but 2007 Randy Moss stole the show. In 2008 it was hands down Larry Fitzgerald.

Who will it be this year? It could be Smith or Fitzgerald or Johnson or Moss. No one knows at this point.

really the postseason is what made so many claim Fitz as the current best.......I still think it is debatable who the best WR on the Cards roster is. Give Boldin a healthy 16 games.....and there isn't that large of a gap between those two imo.

Archived