• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In the past 5 years

what do you guys think are the top 5 best and even most controversial descions the panthers organization has made that put us in the spot we are now?

1. Keeping Delhomme and extending his contract

2. Trading up to get Otah

3. Drafting Jon Beason (many didnt know who he was and wanted Greg Olsen)

4. Drafting JStew (many wanted a QB and didnt understand the pick of a rb, but now were blessed with double trouble and a team identity)

5. Its a toss up between drafting Thomas Davis or bringing back Moose, I gotta go with Moose.

Allowing loyalty and familiarity with certain players that obscure creative and expanded playmaking decisions. AKA too conservative...give the new talent a chance. (aka holding onto Foster too long...holding onto Hampton too long...holding onto Morgan too long...etc).

1. Letting Moose go. In '04 Moose led the league in receiving yards, left for Chicago to NOT get the ball thrown his way. Then in '05 Smith turned into Jesus and carried us to the NFC championship with a #3 rated defense and we lost because we didn't have a decent number 2 receiver. We would have been in the superbowl if we had Moose.

2. Letting Witherspoon walk and signing Dan Morgan. Imagine if we had the spoon, beason and TD right now...

3. Letting Foster start for 2 years over Dwill, Foster was pretty bad...

4. Keary Colbert...

5. Dan Henning

The five that stand out are:

Letting Spoon go-bad

Trading Jenkins-necessary

Not locking up Peppers after 2007 season-bad

Not having a replacement for Minter when he suddenly retired-bad

Replacing the college scouting team before the 2006 draft-great

The five that stand out are:

Trading Spoon-bad

Meh, that's a little overblown. I don't think he was traded, we just didn't bring him back. I think he wanted pro-bowler money. I thought we made him a fair offer and he chose STL to be a MLB and have his own defense. The only way we did the wrong thing is if it's compared to Morgan getting a contract.

Meh, that's a little overblown. I don't think he was traded, we just didn't bring him back. I think he wanted pro-bowler money. I thought we made him a fair offer and he chose STL to be a MLB and have his own defense. The only way we did the wrong thing is if it's compared to Morgan getting a contract.

Your right, we didn't trade him. I think he did feel that he could get more in SL and would be a star in that defense. He really hasn't done much but he isn't really a MLB in my mind. At Will he was much better. I wonder if he could do it all over, what would he chose if he knew how things turned out.

worst:

1-not finding a true #2 WR after Moose left on his own.

2-not upgrading the o-line with true talent until '08

3-bringing in david carr

4-holding onto injury plagued or injured players too long (morgan, foster, hartwig, etc)

5-not firing trgo long ago.

best:

1-bring in new DC..

2-bringing in chris harris the year minter retired (not sure how we didn't plan for a leader behind him when we did)

3-focusing on our o-line for '08, one of the best.

4-nabbing stewart when he was there, and coming back to get otah. (whether you like the move or not, both players are the best choice and settling for less is ludicrous)

5-bringing moose back.

you'll notice my worst and best are simliar, but opposite... these are the reasons we suffered when we did and why we are back on track. IMO they tie into each other. Although I'm early to judge on the DC, let's just say I have a feeling and if I'm wrong, as always I'll eat crow to all the haters. =P

Keeping Dan Morgan over Spoon turned out to be the worst move of the past 5 years I think.

We didn't have a crystal ball though, so I guess it was hard to know if Dan would start staying healthy or not.

Dan was the better LB afterall, I'll never forget his 25 tackles in the Super Bowl. That was epic.

Spoons sack on Brady was HUGE though, that'll always stick out too.

Archived