• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corey Maggette Trade Was Genius

chknwing

How the Bobcats have turned

Brandon Wright into 2 first round draft picks:

Bobcats draft Brandon Wright then trade his draft rights for = Jason Richardson

Jason Richardson + Jared Dudley traded to Phoenix = Raja Bell + Boris Diaw

Vlad Rad + Raja Bell traded to Warriors = Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack traded to the Bucks = Correy Maggette + 1st round (Bismack Biyombo)

Correy Maggette traded to Detroit = Ben Gordon + 1st round (TBD)

I more excited that this team is building confidence.  It still baffles how "fans" argue we should tank the season before it begins.   No disrespect intended but our young players are developing.  Winning doesn't mean we're not going to get better next year as well. Winning means we're only going to get better next year.  It also means we can bargain for some of the FA's we might want because we're winning.  

I see it as a wasted trade since we could not land a real starter 

and you saw Maggs as a 'real' starter??

we traded Steven Jackson (who was cancerous at that point) for Maggs and BIZ - then flipped Maggs for Gordon and another 1st rounder

how is that wasted? your statement conflicts with all logic

I dont see how anyone can flip this into a negative.  I would take Bismack OVER Wright for starters, then you add in Ben Gordon and a 1st round pick?

Cmon folks.  This was a genious move on the Cats part.  Ive always felt we have traded well, just not drafted well.

and you saw Maggs as a 'real' starter??

we traded Steven Jackson (who was cancerous at that point) for Maggs and BIZ - then flipped Maggs for Gordon and another 1st rounder

how is that wasted? your statement conflicts with all logic

Bismack Biyombo is a bust, and yes i will take MAGGs over Bismack any time of the day... In the NBA draft picks a worthless when compared to proven players unless it is the top 3 picks. Gordon is a shell of himself and was only acquired due to a bad contract. 

Bismack Biyombo is a bust, and yes i will take MAGGs over Bismack any time of the day... In the NBA draft picks a worthless when compared to proven players unless it is the top 3 picks. Gordon is a shell of himself and was only acquired due to a bad contract. 

you would take a retired (retiring) player in Maggs over +7 rebounds and +2 blocks a game in BIZ?

so you would have nothing rather than something (+ upside)??

there is a 0% chance i continue this conversation..

Yeah. MJ takes too much flak over us sucking these past couple of years. Cho has put us in a good position long term but we have to go through short term struggles to get there.

What Cho and MJ did after the playoff year was a good thing but the national media like to pick on is for struggling.

Hopefully in time we will be where we need to be and people will realize we were playing the long con

you would take a retired (retiring) player in Maggs over +7 rebounds and +2 blocks a game in BIZ?

so you would have nothing rather than something (+ upside)??

there is a 0% chance i continue this conversation..

you are missing the point... you always go for value. A proven player is worth more than a draft pick (and less in the hand of Michael Jordan) NBA is all about winning now, you trade the future for right now look at the heat and the Knicks. You are making your argument from an NFL point of view where an aging player/ retired is worse than a draft pick. the Nets gave away all their 1st round picks for a retired/ retiring player. That is why we will always be in rebuilding phase

Archived