• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our safety core..

CardiacCats

Huge ups to these guys who have been playing great. If we can save some money we should look at getting rid of Godfrey this offseason. Between Mitchell, Lester and Mikell that's a very solid trio. I wouldn't mind seeing if we could resign Mikell to a minimal deal. Good veteran presence for our young secondary

Mitchell is already a presence at FS---better than he was at SS.  Godfrey is as good as gone. 

Lester and Mikell at SS.  Feeling better about the position--we really need a CB or two.

All this godfrey hate??? hopes Dg gets his contract right and he stays would like to see him and Mitchell starting but if lester keeps it up it's going to be very hard for godfrey to have a roster spot next year besides the contract stuff. Guy has improved every year and was looking to have a good season this year, either way the safety position looks solid right now so only thing our d needs now is a Cb or Olb

Will be addressed by Gman. Not sure cutting is the solution yet.

I thought it was a higher cap figure than the 7mil mentioned. Closer to 8. I will see if I can find it. Regardless Godfrey has never produced anywhere near that level as a defensive playmaker.

In my opinion holding onto so-so talent for top dollar was the reason we were in cap hell with Hurney. Hurney seemed to be a nice guy but he fell in love with all of his draft picks.

I would be very surprised if Gettleman doesn't pull the trigger and cut Godfrey to recoup the 5.5 million savings.

Archived