• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brock: New pro in 'familiar territory'

scpanther22

During summer school in June, that meant seeing plenty of snaps as one of the three tight ends available for the practices. At times, he even found himself surrounded by first-teamers, lining up with the top unit as the Panthers worked on goal-line situations.

"That's definitely a boost of confidence, that early on I can be trusted to go in and do a job," Brock said. "But from here it's just earning more trust from the coaches."

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/brock-new-pro-in-familiar-territory/4fdb62fa-17f4-4cef-9a78-3dd25cffdcfc

another example where it looks like if nothing else, we've injected eager new blood into the team via these UDFA's this summer. if there are any veterans who think they can take their game check for granted this year, they're in for a wake-up call in training camp, i think.

I think we should trade Rosario....we will never use him correctly.

I'm of the same opinion. I think Rosario has a lot of potential as a pass-catching tight-end, but we will never use him in that way, nor do we really need to. Brock intrigues me for his blocking capabilities alone. Don't rule out Barnidge, either, who I think will be able to block and catch well.

I'm of the same opinion. I think Rosario has a lot of potential as a pass-catching tight-end, but we will never use him in that way, nor do we really need to. Brock intrigues me for his blocking capabilities alone. Don't rule out Barnidge, either, who I think will be able to block and catch well.

:iagree:

It's a shame too b/c Rosario has got the skill set to be an added weapon as a pass catching TE. It appears beyond blocking, Fox doesn't take the development of the TE too seriously. We would be better off just having extra OL and eliminating the TE position altogether the way our offense is structured. Based on what I've read from the OTA's, I'm hoping this will change, but I'm not holding my breath. Fox appears to like TE's as much as first round QBs.

With all that said, I hope we can stash Brock on the PS for a year with an eye toward the future. I think he could be an asset for us just based on his blocking.

Everyone loved Rosario's game winner last year, but he had his fair share of drops too. Over the season, he wasn't getting open as much and faded. It's been suggested that it's an attitude issue (i.e. if I'm not number one why try harder) but that's speculative. I don't know that there's any actual evidence.

On the whole though, I have a feeling Gary Barnidge will be taking over the #2 TE spot. He's got sticky hands in the passing game. Heck, he might eventually even be number one if he proves he can block as well as catch.

I could see Rosario traded for a mid round or lower pick or a depth player. Not sure such a thing will happen, but it's conceivable.

Everyone loved Rosario's game winner last year, but he had his fair share of drops too. Over the season, he wasn't getting open as much and faded. It's been suggested that it's an attitude issue (i.e. if I'm not number one why try harder) but that's speculative. I don't know that there's any actual evidence.

On the whole though, I have a feeling Gary Barnidge will be taking over the #2 TE spot. He's got sticky hands in the passing game. Heck, he might eventually even be number one if he proves he can block as well as catch.

I could see Rosario traded for a mid round or lower pick or a depth player. Not sure such a thing will happen, but it's conceivable.

To Who ? San Diego LOL:D

:iagree:

It's a shame too b/c Rosario has got the skill set to be an added weapon as a pass catching TE. It appears beyond blocking, Fox doesn't take the development of the TE too seriously. We would be better off just having extra OL and eliminating the TE position altogether the way our offense is structured. Based on what I've read from the OTA's, I'm hoping this will change, but I'm not holding my breath. Fox appears to like TE's as much as first round QBs.

With all that said, I hope we can stash Brock on the PS for a year with an eye toward the future. I think he could be an asset for us just based on his blocking.

I don't know Prowler there has been a lot of emphasis on the tight end position in recent off season's. I think you may be pleasantly surprised this year . . .

King and Barnidge are on the roster IMO, the battle for Brock is between him and Rosario. I think Brock has a good chance of winning that battle, because the team already has it's pass catching TE in Barnidge and Brock is a much better blocker then Rosario is.

To Who ? San Diego LOL:D

Would that be kind or cruel? :sosp:

Actually, if you want an offensive system where I think he might be able to thrive, I'd look in the same division. Perhaps the Chiefs under new coach Todd Haley or the Broncos with Josh McDaniels. Either of those teams might have use for a guy like Rosario.

I don't know Prowler there has been a lot of emphasis on the tight end position in recent off season's. I think you may be pleasantly surprised this year . . .

I sure hope so QY. I would love to be wrong on this. We have some real talent at that position, and I would love to see it used more.

Mr. Scot said in an earlier post that Rosario had some drops last year, and I do agree he could play better. I also remember a few occassions where he was the recepient of some bad throws that didn't help his peformance. In any case, I'm anxious to see who whether we will continue to emphasis the TE in our passing game, as you stated.

Archived