• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucky Brooks dont know $$$$

CatfanMO

I see his point. The premise is WORKHORSE BACKS. To me that means teams where the carry split isn't close to even. The five guys he names are THE bellcows for their offense right now.

I see where you are coming from, but I think LT is going to share a lot of plays with Sproles.

Yea I don't see a problem with it, It's about the top 5 backs who will be the sole main rusher on there team. Most teams have 1,2 or 3 backs that split carries. I mean Dwill only had 270 carries last year, not exactly a workhorse back that has 330 carries or more. Dwill will still get about 270 - 280 carries while Stewart will get about 200 carries.

I see where you are coming from, but I think LT is going to share a lot of plays with Sproles.

That may be right, and LdT is the main reason why I stated "right now" in my original post, but I don't believe that Sproles is their future as a feature back like LdT was for them for so many years.

Don't really get how you can leave Deangelo out of the top 5 when he rushed for more yards than guys that DIDN'T split carries. Imagine how many yards he could have had if he had every carry. He probably finishes right up there with 1700+ along with AP. That said...I would rather have him with fresh legs the whole season and rush for 1500 every season.

Rushing Yards: 3rd

Rushing TDs: 1st

Yds/Game: 3rd

Fumbles: 1st (Amongst top 10 RBs)

YPC: 1st (Amongst the top 42 RBs. Of the top 43 RBs in total yards 42 RBs averaged less YPC than Deangelo)

Runs for 20+ yards: 2nd

Runs for 40+ yards: 1st

That is pretty much every major category that you look at while defining a RBs production. Deangelo is no worse than 3rd in any and in a lot is 1st. People who don't think he's a top 5 RB are ignorant of the game.

Archived