• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How refreshing, a coach who takes responsibility

JawnyBlaze

Dave Gettleman got passed over a lot too.

I don't know that he's been interviewed that much. There's always been a 'hotter name'.

That, plus he's known to be, shall we say, a bit direct. If you asked him "Do I look fat in this?" he'd likely answer "H-ll yes you look fat. S--t, that outfit makes your a-- look like a f--king hippo!" :blink:

Of the top coaches, who was paid handsomely to take the job. Jim Harbaugh....but who else? Most of them were just coordinators who proved themselves after being hired. I'm not saying he shouldn't pay for the best but realistically what usually happens around the league?

Pete Carroll and Chip Kelly are two guys that got big deals. I'm also sure a guy like Shannahan was paid nicely by Washington, as well as Andy Reid in KC.

We should be trying to identify the best candidates regardless of cost. If the best guy will sign cheap, great. But if we have to pay to get him, then it's time to open up the checkbook rather than stubbornly sticking to some "principle".

I have a lot of respect for Tom Coughlin, but I'd prefer a coach who isn't pushing 70.  If we had a team that we thought was on the cusp of contending for a Super Bowl and just needed that final push to get over the hump (like when Gruden came to TB) then I'd be all for it, but I think we need a young, energetic guy who is in it for the long haul.

I don't know that he's been interviewed that much. There's always been a 'hotter name'.

That, plus he's known to be, shall we say, a bit direct. If you asked him "Do I look fat in this?" he'd likely answer "H-ll yes you look fat. S--t, that outfit makes your a-- look like a f--king hippo!" :blink:

No one would give DG an interview

Some how we praise him as a great GM though. Anyone who goes into this season with our OL.....either has no faith in RR and knows he is gone (and doesn't want to waste resources on fixing our holes).....or is crazy

Some how we praise him as a great GM though. Anyone who goes into this season with our OL.....either has no faith in RR and knows he is gone (and doesn't want to waste resources on fixing our holes).....or is crazy

DG wanted him gone, that's all there is to it.

You want a legit coach?

How about a guy whose defense includes guys like Terrence Newman and Vontaze Burfict whose unit haven't allowed a 300 yard passer in 19 games?

The Walkthrough: Absurd Stats Edition/

You want a legit coach? How about a guy whose defense took their team to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman at QB? Who has brought the #1 defense to every team he's DC'd within 2 seasons of joining them?

See, coordinator success is great, but I'm ready for a proven HC with a track record.

I slowly keep getting interested in gruden.

Loves cam and who want him as his qb so cam wouldn't get phased out. Good.

Would develop a whole playbook for cam and this offense. Good.

Won a Super Bowl. Good.

Long complicated verbiage with play calling. Bad.

We will see though. Definitely need someone new and who can actually coach

Some how we praise him as a great GM though. Anyone who goes into this season with our OL.....either has no faith in RR and knows he is gone (and doesn't want to waste resources on fixing our

holes).....or is crazy

He had actually interviewed with two other teams in recent years.

You want a legit coach? How about a guy whose defense took their team to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman at QB? Who has brought the #1 defense to every team he's DC'd within 2 seasons of joining them?

See, coordinator success is great, but I'm ready for a proven HC with a track record.

You mean a guy like Jimmy Johnson, George Seifert, or maybe Mike Shanahan?

Those were guys with proven track records that teams turned to to guide them to the promised land.

Ron Rivera was passed over several times too. Do we even need to bring up Mike Shula's history? I'm seeing a trend here. Until our owner changes his philosophy and starts opening up his wallet for a real staff and not some cheap options, we're dead in the water.

I slowly keep getting interested in gruden.

Loves cam and who want him as his qb so cam wouldn't get phased out. Good.

Would develop a whole playbook for cam and this offense. Good.

Won a Super Bowl. Good.

Long complicated verbiage with play calling. Bad.

We will see though. Definitely need someone new and who can actually coach

Gruden never developed a quarterback in his entire coaching career, and he took a Super Bowl team that Tony Dungy handed to him and ran it into the ground.

You don't wanna go down that road.

Ron Rivera is not the problem ! It's the team .

A) it is making me sick that everyone knows they need receivers but them.

B) brandon lafell is a bum ! Plain and simple he doesn't even deserve a roster spot

C) good job get rid of Beason.... Idiots... You cut Steve Smiths great long time friend and ironically he blows the game.. Think about it.

D) in the last two madden football games If you start a franchise with Carolina, Steve Smith retires after the first season .... Maybe he should play a season and get the picture

E) Hardy thinks he is better than he actually is. He would be lucky if Peppers let him wipe the sweat from his sack

F) we DO NOT need Stewart, Williams and Tolbert . Trade 2 of em for a wr

G) the o-line sucks

H) needs to face it he is just another running QB, be what you are. It's working for Pryor

I) our defense is great and so is kuechly , it's all offense ( this year )

Archived