• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To attempt to cope with this, my mock offseason #1

CardiacCats

Haha don't do this to yourself yet.

First round pick has to be a guard or tackle, that is all that is clear at this point.

Negative.

Gettle is a no bullshit guy and he has stated his approach is to draft BPA and fill holes in FA.

We ABSOLUTELY have holes on the O-Line, but if Lee is there and elite lineman aren't, we will take Lee, IMO.

Negative.

Gettle is a no bullshit guy and he has stated his approach is to draft BPA and fill holes in FA.

We ABSOLUTELY have holes on the O-Line, but if Lee is there and elite lineman aren't, we will take Lee, IMO.

Yea, situations in the draft are fluid and I trust Dave, but the o-line is almost too bad to not draft someone with our first, but if there isn't a guy we like there then we should look elsewhere position wise.

So...what was that about Marqise Lee not missing a game?

Congrats he missed one game, it's still far from a serious/significant/severe/bad knee injury. Your god Clowney missed a game too, does that mean he's no longer a first rounder?

Congrats he missed one game, it's still far from a serious/significant/severe/bad knee injury. Your god Clowney missed a game too, does that mean he's no longer a first rounder?

I never said Clowney wouldn't miss a game. I never said he was my "god". I never even mentioned Clowney. You did. Good try though.

Try again.

Marqise Lee is looking great, maybe he could be the 2nd WR on our team and eventually take over as top dog in a few years when Smith's too old to play. Maybe teams will overlook him due to his injury and we can snag him for a steal. I think the risk outweighs the reward.

Marquise Lee is horribly overrated. He struggles against press coverage, which is very rare in college but is what he will see most in the NFL. I do think we should go after a WR in the 1st, however, I would much rather that WR was Mike Evans. He is a big physical WR who can give Cam a consistent target on the outside, preventing him from having to force throws. We can then go after an OG in the 2nd, such as Gabe Jackson from Mississippi State. RT and CB are also a need and can be addressed later on.

Archived