• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To attempt to cope with this, my mock offseason #1

CardiacCats

Head Coach: Kevin Sumlin

USATSI_6925664.jpg

Although I'm beginning to get concerned about Cam, I still think he's our franchise QB for now.  Sumlin would do wonders for Cam, I highly doubt we'd even consider him it'll be some damn stupid defensive coordinator but I'd love this hire.

Offensive Coordinator: Tim Drevno, OL Coach, 49ers

I really didn't know who to put for this, so don't put too much into this.  I don't know who the top position coaches are out there right now and if Sumlin is hired we'll be running a fast paced offense somewhat like the 49ers run and San Fran has a pretty good o line.  Plus Sumlin would still be the main boss of the offense, so we would just need to find a guy who's a good playcaller and whatnot.

Defensive Coordinator: Brendan Daly, DL Coach, Vikings

I've heard this as a hot name to get a DC job soon.  Apparently he shows a lot of passion and he's learned from a good defensive mind in Minnesota.  The Vikings defense hasn't been that great this year but he'd have much more talent here.  But again I really don't have many good ideas for new coordinators.

1st Round: Marqise Lee, WR, USC

72973381.jpg

I went back-and-forth.  Our biggest need lies on the OL, but our WRs are pretty damn bad too.  Two dropped TD's today.  Smith is regressing and LaFell is not a number two.  The OL class seems pretty deep, so I think we have to roll the dice and try to get Cam his future #1 guy and he would be great to pair with Tedd Ginn.  I do not think Lafell will be back next year,  I know USC WRs haven't panned out well but all those were playing with great QBs, Lee has been dominant even with mediocre QB play at USC.  I think he's special and the best WR in this class.

Round 2: James Hurst, OT, UNC

One reason I decided to wait to get an OL in round 2 is because this is a really deep OT class.  There's a really good chance a guy like Hurst, David Yankey, Antonio Richardson, etc will fall to us in the second round.  Hurst immediately becomes the starting RT and if he shows potential there he could be the future LT in a  perfect world.  So with these first two picks we get two starters at our two biggest positions of need.

Round 3: Kyle Fuller, CB, VT

Kyle+Fuller+Allstate+Sugar+Bowl+Michigan

Our secondary is really holding our defense back from really being dominant.  Lester has shown some promise and I would like to keep Mikell around next year as well as Mitchell.  At S we aren't bad but I don't think we have a single starting caliber CB on our roster right now.  Fuller has had a good career at VT and looked great against Alabama covering Amari Toomer in the opener this year.  Another day 1 starter.

Round 4: Cassius Marsh, DE, UCLA

David+Piland+Cassius+Marsh+Houston+v+UCL

Calling it now: Hardy will not be back next season.  Y'all love him, and it's easy to.  He loves the game and plays with a swag but he wants a big deal and he's been worthless in 3 out of the 4 games this year.  He's not worth big money especially with what we're paying CJ.  I say pair Marsh with Frank Alexander at the opposing side of CJ and they'll produce for like 10+ sacks, about like Hardy and much cheaper.  ALexander is in the doghouse for God knows what reason, but he showed he has a lot of potential last year.  Under a new coach he'll be a solid player.

Round 5: John Martinez, OG, USC

Another player out of LA lol.  Back to the OL here, Chris Scott has been nothing special and Kugbila God knows is looking like a disaster.  You can normally find good G's in these rounds so maybe Getts will find one here.

Round 6: Ryan Grant, WR, Tulane

dbc0d66b9cb8a762d1e324b2c6d3fe84-img1.jp

Another WR.  I bet LaFell is gone next year and Armanti too.  Smith is quickly on the decline as well, he does not have much gas left.  Hixon is worthless.  I'd like to see an overhaul at WR next year, Lee, S. Smith, Ginn and Grant would be cool.

Round 7: BPA

Giants pick: we'll have to see where it ends up but BPA, maybe another CB/S

I think you'd have to switch your first two picks. I don't see Hurst being available in the second round (even though he sucks) and Lee should be available in the second round after his injury.

Lee is already listed as questionable for next week. I think he will be picked somewhere between 10-15 there's no way he will come close to touching round 2.

I think you'd have to switch your first two picks. I don't see Hurst being available in the second round (even though he sucks) and Lee should be available in the second round after his injury.

You mean the injury that might not even cost him a game?

Archived