• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Iphone users....

shinner

What kind of data plan do you have and what's your total bill each month. I know my wife has the itch to replace her phone and now that she's had her Ipod Touch for a few months, I'm fairly certain she has her eye on the Iphone. From what I've seen on AT&T's website, it looks like their data plans would require her to get a 2nd job. Maybe I'm missing something?

It was only a 30 dollar add on to my existing account when I switched over. And that's unlimited access.

no offense but that doesn't tell me much... :)

It is more than your Sprint account Shinner, but you could honestly get a discount depending on where you or she works at

Does she text message and how much, also how many minutes would she use?

Don't have a sprint account....my phone is an old RAZR and I'm on her family plan. She texts a lot and doesn't use a ton of minutes.

Yeah it's just 30 for data. All the rest is about minutes and texts. I pay about 130 with my girlfriend and I sharing a plan.

I don't know what she pays no per month....should try and get a look at her bill. She did recently add a 30/mo data plan for her phone (Pantech Duo) because we got raped last year when I used her phone to watch about 5 minutes of the Panthers playoff game when we were at a hockey game.

Hidden

if she can get by with the lowest plan it is $75 plus tax and that is including 200 messages.....If she talks more than that you can get into some big money if you don't have a discount. One good thing about AT&T is you have Rollover, so if she does not use all her minutes for the month she will not loose them. You also have to figure in the Activation Fee on the first month's bill plus a few days of proration which can put an extra $40-50 onto her bill

no offense but that doesn't tell me much... :)

Don't have a sprint account....my phone is an old RAZR and I'm on her family plan. She texts a lot and doesn't use a ton of minutes.

I don't know what she pays no per month....should try and get a look at her bill. She did recently add a 30/mo data plan for her phone (Pantech Duo) because we got raped last year when I used her phone to watch about 5 minutes of the Panthers playoff game when we were at a hockey game.

Why did I think you were using a Palm Pre???

OK nevermind, do you know how many minutes she is using on the Family Plan?? With what you told me it sounds like she might have the 700 minutes Unlimited texting. Is it just the two of you on the phone or is your son on it also?

If it is just you two you should be paying

$130-$135 plus tax with the iPhone

Edit: it would not be anything different you are paying now, because you are paying $30 for a shitty ass phone

OK nevermind, do you know how many minutes she is using on the Family Plan?? With what you told me it sounds like she might have the 700 minutes Unlimited texting.

She has the 550 minute plan...looked at the April-May bill and between the 3 of us we used, 565 minutes. I tend to talk more than either her or son #1, but they text a whole heap more than I do.

She has the 550 minute plan

It would be the same bill you have now.....only difference is she will have a hell of a lot better phone then the shitty Duo

Where does she work?

right now for a local veterinary hospital but she's looking to change jobs (probably get back to working in a bank).

I'm sure she's going to want to keep unlimited texting....our son avgs over 1,000 per month...though we are probably going to be cutting off his phone soon as the situation with him has not gotten any better and it's about a 99.99% certainty that he isn't going to be coming home.

If she does that tell her to take her Paycheck or badge and her ID to the local AT&T store they will put on the discount which ranges from 12%-20% depending on which bank she will work at. I know Wachovia is one of the higher discounts at 20% and so is Suntrust. if she worked with one of those companies her bill would be around $20 cheaper and that is keeping your Son on the account

If she does that tell her to take her Paycheck or badge and her ID to the local AT&T store they will put on the discount which ranges from 12%-20% depending on which bank she will work at. I know Wachovia is one of the higher discounts at 20% and so is Suntrust. if she worked with one of those companies her bill would be around $20 cheaper and that is keeping your Son on the account

So far she's only interviewed with one bank and it's a local one (Adams Co National Bank). No idea if they have any discounts. Gotta find a way to get the activation fee waived too!

Archived