• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Using new pick for Britt or McKinnie? Someone else?

ctrcat

I wouldn't want to give up a pick for either to be honest.  People are falling in love with the player that McKinnie was and the prospect that Britt was.  McKinnie is no longer a starting caliber OT and Britt is a head case.  He looked like a guy poised to breakout after '10, but it just never happened.  I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a chance as a free agent, but I wouldn't want to have to trade for him.

Stop the the knee jerk reactions. Lets just see it play out. I think the pick is undisclosed because its a conditional pick perhaps.

Exactly.  These types of trades usually do include a conditional pick based on starts, snaps played, etc.  We need to all be rooting for Jon Beason, not just because of the player he was for us and the impact he had here, but his success (or lack thereof) in NY will probably directly impact the pick we ultimately receive.

Would honestly rather trade our original pick and do seriously doubt we'd trade a conditional pick.  I love having picks in every round, but what are the odds 8 drafted players from the 2014 draft make the roster? 

At least we can use the pick to possibly move up a little in the 4-5th round range.

From what we've been hearing, it may well be a conditional pick.  It's a tough sell to trade a conditional pick you're getting from one team to another.

Regardless, Gettleman seems more the type to trade for picks rather than trading them away.

And honestly, McKinnie doesn't interest me much.  Britt even less so.

Archived