• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32 teams in 32 days

Rhys

Wouldn't it be just awesome if Jake was hearing all this crap about how he sucks and he is a liability for the Panthers, that he just got all fired up to begin the season and through like the first 3 games of the season he's like in the top 5 in QB rating?

Are you talking about 07 against those stellar defenses we were facing in our first 3 games?

Panthers55 no one can question your team patriotism at least.

I agree. I have to hear about how "Delhomme sucks" and "Panthers are overrated" nearly every day at work by one of my co-workers who is a Seahawks fan. I can't wait until the season starts so that people will lay to rest the Arizona game and stop using it as a benchmark for Carolina's abilities.

A Seahawks fan, really? Decent team, great fanbase, but give me a break. No Panthers fan should ever have to take abuse from a freakin Seahawks fan. We have never won the big game either, but last time I checked...

I know he's our best option but how can you make so many good points on other topics and still defend him? Just remember we're here for you when he finally crushes your soul.

Because if you realize the time/effort/money/LUCK/CHANCE it takes to find a QB and groom him to be a BRADY, you'll quickly trash that thought that every team can have a BRADY. Also, if you look at his stats and look past that ONE game, you'll find that he finds ways to win and he has done well in playoffs other than that ONE game...

Seems pretty simple to me... On top of that, if you don't ignore that he came back from tommy john surgery and both horrible games he had came after bye weeks, you might catch on that Jake isn't as horrible as haters want you to believe.

Funny thing is there aren't any true BDJS here... However, there are true haters here.

Noone is saying Jake is like god... But go back in time and let's look at how we would replace a guy who is much more than serviceable. I think this year you all are going to be the ones having to eat crow. I wonder how many of you are going to admit that though..

Just sayin... ;)

I think Faulk gave us props when he said Deangelo was the 2nd best Running back in the NFL. One thing he should have mentioned was Peterson's 9 fumbles and D-Lo's none. I think he knows that the Cats are probably the team to beat the division but there is that league wide order to talk great about the Birds and the Aints when possible.

As far as Jake goes everyone wonders why he got the money that he got. I'd say after everything that guy has done for us as a franchise I'm willing to give him a break. He didn't play well all year, our 12-4 record was mainly because of the running game. Smitty didn't even catch a TD on the road. Jake had a few good games but nothing like he is capable of. And he had Freakin' Tommy John surgery. Yeah it happened at the worst possible moment and it's hard to come back especially in the NFL like that but look at getting stung. Look at the Tar Heels and look at the Lakers, whether you're a fan or not, they came back because of unfinished business hopefully that will be us next year.

If you look at the past our bad years mainly 7-8 wins, happen when 1)we don't have a running game and 2)Signifigant Injury. 04- Smtty, 07-Jake. I don't think this year will be anything like 2004 or 2007. Everyone knows going into a game what weapons we have. Dwayne Jarrett HAS and MUST step up this year. Everyone knows we have Smitty and Moose we have to have at least a 3rd option. The running game speaks for itself. And our defense must return to what it once was. Like Faulk said about the defense Ron Meeks knows what he is getting. Look what he done in Indy with Mathis and Freeny. I can't wait...

Because if you realize the time/effort/money/LUCK/CHANCE it takes to find a QB and groom him to be a BRADY, you'll quickly trash that thought that every team can have a BRADY. Also, if you look at his stats and look past that ONE game, you'll find that he finds ways to win and he has done well in playoffs other than that ONE game...

Seems pretty simple to me... On top of that, if you don't ignore that he came back from tommy john surgery and both horrible games he had came after bye weeks, you might catch on that Jake isn't as horrible as haters want you to believe.

Funny thing is there aren't any true BDJS here... However, there are true haters here.

Noone is saying Jake is like god... But go back in time and let's look at how we would replace a guy who is much more than serviceable. I think this year you all are going to be the ones having to eat crow. I wonder how many of you are going to admit that though..

Just sayin... ;)

OMG its late and I do not feel like putting up a book to destroy another pro jake argument.

Your like a Saints fan defending Reggie Bush as a premiere Rb.

I agree. I have to hear about how "Delhomme sucks" and "Panthers are overrated" nearly every day at work by one of my co-workers who is a Seahawks fan. I can't wait until the season starts so that people will lay to rest the Arizona game and stop using it as a benchmark for Carolina's abilities.

If they are a Seahawks fan you would think they would be suffering from enough shame to be even thinking about knocking the Panthers. That's like a Lions fan talking smack to a Giants fan.

OMG its late and I do not feel like putting up a book to destroy another pro jake argument.

Your like a Saints fan defending Reggie Bush as a premiere Rb.

good job... ;)

anyhow, this debate has been exhausted...

If they are a Seahawks fan you would think they would be suffering from enough shame to be even thinking about knocking the Panthers. That's like a Lions fan talking smack to a Giants fan.

He likes to bring up our loss to them in the 05 postseason where we got thrashed 34 to 14 ....

He likes to bring up our loss to them in the 05 postseason where we got thrashed 34 to 14 ....

Oh the one where we are playing with our 5th or 6th string running back. The week after the Chicago D targeted our players after it was clear we had them beat. WE were their Arizona as they had beaten us in the regular season.

FYI the Seattle Series is tied 2 -2 with the Panthers winning the most recent bout 13-10 in 07. Just say "Ancient history, who won the last time we met?"

I don't like Chicago

Oh the one where we are playing with our 5th or 6th string running back. The week after the Chicago D targeted our players after it was clear we had them beat. WE were their Arizona as they had beaten us in the regular season.

FYI the Seattle Series is tied 2 -2 with the Panthers winning the most recent bout 13-10 in 07. Just say "Ancient history, who won the last time we met?"

I don't like Chicago

I do, in fact he was at the 07' game, but it doesn't stop him from harping on our loss to Arizona last year.

I hate Chicago too. I was at last year's home game against them and their fans are so damn annoying... which made it all the more enjoyable when we won and everyone heckled them while leaving BofA.

I hear you, but it's like what QuasiYoda posted, the Seahags beat the Panthers when they were beat from having to play their 4th game on the road and were down to thier scrubs for RB. That was in 2005 and Hags have been nothing since, like Yoda also pointed out, the Panthers are the team who won last and he who won last shall laugh last.

Archived