• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32 teams in 32 days

Rhys

Marshall Faulk is a moron, period. I very, very seldom if ever agree with a word he says about anything. Why? Becuase he doesn't do his homework, just like a lot of guys. My test is this: If I can correct these guys wrong assumptions because I know the germane facts and they are spouting nonsense, they are NOT doing their job. I am just a fan, they do this for a living.

On NFLN, I prefer guys like Baldinger who does a lot of Carolina games for Fox so you know he WATCHES them, appears to talk to the players and coaching staff themselves from the types of info he gives out and does his homework.

12-14 is about right. Jake imploded at the worse possible time and that is gonna linger.

Imagine if you had a biz proposal and you started yaking during the power point.

Unless the power point wow'd the peeps at the table, chances are they are going to remember you had two Jumbo Jacks and a taco from Jack in the Box more so than your presentation.

It took a while for Romo to overcome the field goal mistake he made. The sooner we get this season started the better. I need some football.

Sharper says "I don't know if they can win the division unless he is perfect" Talking about Delhomme. As they were criticizing him . . . Stupid, This team will have noone who is perfect and they all will compensate for each each other as the year goes by. As with all teams. But this team as an incredible Oline and Double Trouble . . . if there is any team that can deal with a down day in passing this is it . . . . as long as the coaches can adjust push the run game! And the defense can step up . . . no allowing the other teams best playmaker to run wild through your secondary (Thank God Trgo is is gone)

The biggest thing about Jake to me is(was) his playoff performance. I've always liked him and the biggest thing I've liked about him is his ability to win clutch games. He's been great for last minute winning drives and great in the playoffs. But the Arizona game change all that. He completely squashed his previous track record.

But the important thing now is that we have a very good team and haven't had a reasonable way to upgrade at QB. The biggest concerns for this team are only O line and D line depth - when depth is what you're worried about you're looking pretty good and Jake has shown that he has what it takes to win a superbowl with a good team. I think he was paid a little too much, but not a whole lot. Having no better alternative they did the right thing by paying him and reinforcing to the team that he's the leader.

i think we have had reasonable ways to upgrade...we just choose not too because the FO is fine with jake

and yet he does not have a ring..

I like Baldy, even if he has considerable trouble with calling people by the right name. :lol:

I like him as well, just for his personality. He's real. One of my faves was when he was in Dallas' new stadium while it was being constructed and he dropped his cell phone from way up high on one of the support beams where he was. He let out a huge cuss word (which they bleeped)even though he knew he was on tv.

There is really nothing else to say. Talking heads are going to beat up Jake and microanalyze him with every mistake. I am tired of defending him when the truth is we will see what we see. I can't wait for the season to start so Jake and the Panthers can prove they are the beast in the South, not the Aints or the dirty birds.

I know he's our best option but how can you make so many good points on other topics and still defend him? Just remember we're here for you when he finally crushes your soul.

Personally I think the future starter is already on the team. They don't honestly expect or want Delhomme playing another 5 years. I think they would have gotten someone already if they weren't confident in what we have. I think Moore will be the guy eventually and McCown a stop gap starter for wee bit.

I mean think about it. We never really have a good Qb besides Jake the past 8 years or so. And we never had a competent back up for him. We didn't have one in 04, we didn't have one in 05, or 06, Jake was healthy all those years. They had full confidence in Jake, then Jake gets hurt in 07, out for the season, Carr comes in a blows, Vinny's does ok off the couch, then we see a spark in Matt Moore who leads us to 3 victories. I count the cowboys game as a win because outplayed their ass.

If Matt had never been on the roster in 07, and we continued with Carr or some scrub that season and lost the last 3 games, do you really think the organization would not have drafted someone for the future? or at least get someone to back up Delhomme?

You could say McCown, but although the FO has always liked him I thought it was an emergency signing because Moore fractured his leg last year and we didn't want another 07.

I know he's our best option but how can you make so many good points on other topics and still defend him? Just remember we're here for you when he finally crushes your soul.

The thing is that he can't crush my soul. I like and defend Jake because he is our quarterback and our future depends on him playing well. If he stinks it up this year and McCown or Moore take over, then I will be their biggest fans. I am a Panther's fan not a Delhomme fan. I liked the Panthers before he came along and will like them after he is a distant memory. But as long as he is our starting quarterback, then he will get my faith support and I will defend him.

There is really nothing else to say. Talking heads are going to beat up Jake and microanalyze him with every mistake. I am tired of defending him when the truth is we will see what we see. I can't wait for the season to start so Jake and the Panthers can prove they are the beast in the South, not the Aints or the dirty birds.

microanalyze? you make it seem like five interceptions and a lost fumble in one playoff game is no big deal.

Archived