• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

32 teams in 32 days

Rhys

Panthers are voted by fans on NFL.com to be the 12 team in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/09000d5d8112c0d6/32-in-32-Carolina-Panthers

What I don't understand is why Faulk says that Carolina isn't the team to beat in the NFC south and yet a few weeks earlier he picked them to win the division in this coming season.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/09000d5d810771c8/Best-in-the-NFC-South

There is really nothing else to say. Talking heads are going to beat up Jake and microanalyze him with every mistake. I am tired of defending him when the truth is we will see what we see. I can't wait for the season to start so Jake and the Panthers can prove they are the beast in the South, not the Aints or the dirty birds.

I agree. I have to hear about how "Delhomme sucks" and "Panthers are overrated" nearly every day at work by one of my co-workers who is a Seahawks fan. I can't wait until the season starts so that people will lay to rest the Arizona game and stop using it as a benchmark for Carolina's abilities.

12-14 is about right. Jake imploded at the worse possible time and that is gonna linger.

Imagine if you had a biz proposal and you started yaking during the power point.

Unless the power point wow'd the peeps at the table, chances are they are going to remember you had two Jumbo Jacks and a taco from Jack in the Box more so than your presentation.

i did not know jake got aaron rodgers type money....

He didn't except for the up front money. Jake got a 5 year deal worth 42.5 million of which he won't see the last 2 years.

Rodgers got a 5 year deal worth 66 million with 20 million guarantee. All that for a quarterback with no playoffs wins, a record of 6-10 as a starter who puts up good numbers in a pass happy offense.

He didn't except for the up front money. Jake got a 5 year deal worth 42.5 million of which he won't see the last 2 years.

Rodgers got a 5 year deal worth 66 million with 20 million guarantee. All that for a quarterback with no playoffs wins, a record of 6-10 as a starter who puts up good numbers in a pass happy offense.

i think we could have gotten away with paying jake a lot less..but thats just me..comeing off the worse game of his life and we give him all that...i am fine with him being the starter but we could have paid him less...who is going to come along a take him from us..lol

i think we could have gotten away with paying jake a lot less..but thats just me..comeing off the worse game of his life and we give him all that...i am fine with him being the starter but we could have paid him less...who is going to come along a take him from us..lol

We did need the cap space so we did make a good offer so he would take it. Still the best quarterbacks make 12-15 million per year so Jake's 8 million dollar average is not unreasonable if he performs well this year. Actually the best time to sign someone is after a poor performance not a great one. If Jake comes back and has a great year in 2009 there would be takers.

Most any starting quarterback playing beyond his rookie contract will make at least 8 million a year.

The biggest thing about Jake to me is(was) his playoff performance. I've always liked him and the biggest thing I've liked about him is his ability to win clutch games. He's been great for last minute winning drives and great in the playoffs. But the Arizona game change all that. He completely squashed his previous track record.

But the important thing now is that we have a very good team and haven't had a reasonable way to upgrade at QB. The biggest concerns for this team are only O line and D line depth - when depth is what you're worried about you're looking pretty good and Jake has shown that he has what it takes to win a superbowl with a good team. I think he was paid a little too much, but not a whole lot. Having no better alternative they did the right thing by paying him and reinforcing to the team that he's the leader.

The biggest flaw in the video is that they actually admit they will only choose the teams with the primetime QB to do well. They ignore the significance and other game changing positions on the team. The MLB, S, RB & WR can be just as important to a team as the QB. imo. Faulk says the Saints are the team to beat...but other than Brees and Colston...wtf do they have?

The biggest flaw in the video is that they actually admit they will only choose the teams with the primetime QB to do well. They ignore the significance and other game changing positions on the team. The MLB, S, RB & WR can be just as important to a team as the QB. imo. Faulk says the Saints are the team to beat...but other than Brees and Colston...wtf do they have?

Faulk is a Saints homer, plain and simple. You can see La Canfora is shocked when Marshall says the Panthers have no chance in the division...

Archived