• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marshall Faulk realizes...

capfolly

Caddie- It doesn't matter whether a guy is a rook or not, they are going to have bad days. Ryan had more bad days than that, he tailed off a bit in Dec IIRC. It doesn't mean he sucks though. If that trend continues in the coming years, then yes. Romo's & Favre's continuing to tail off every year is a trend. It's one reason why I wouldn't want either of them on my team.

Jake doesn't tail off at the end of years, he plays better as the year goes on rating wise over his starting career. Including last year. AZ was a craptacular game, I won't disagree, but it isn't a trend IMO. And nothing about his age correlates to getting "worse" consistency wise. I don't get where that comment is coming from. He's not some athletic marvel who relies on that quality to help his team win. None of the physical abilities he has have eroded at all from his initial year as a starter. He wasn't ever a really physically gifted guy.

Caddie- It doesn't matter whether a guy is a rook or not, they are going to have bad days. Ryan had more bad days than that, he tailed off a bit in Dec IIRC. It doesn't mean he sucks though. If that trend continues in the coming years, then yes. Romo's & Favre's continuing to tail off every year is a trend. It's one reason why I wouldn't want either of them on my team.

Jake doesn't tail off at the end of years, he plays better as the year goes on rating wise over his starting career. Including last year. AZ was a craptacular game, I won't disagree, but it isn't a trend IMO. And nothing about his age correlates to getting "worse" consistency wise. I don't get where that comment is coming from. He's not some athletic marvel who relies on that quality to help his team win. None of the physical abilities he has have eroded at all from his initial year as a starter. He wasn't ever a really physically gifted guy.

For an example Jakes INTs comes in bunches! 3 against TB, 4 against Oakland, 5 against Arizona. That should not happen! Especially to a Vet. I just think that at his age these are glimpses of things to come.

You are right every teams QB has bad games. Ryan lost us our 1st TB game. But also that was only his 2nd NFL game ever. After that he was very consistent. Jake however seems to have very violent swings. When he is bad he looks like Ryan Leaf out there. A vet with his experience should not have those swings. I feel with his age it will only get worse!

I'm willing to bet it had more to do with the fact that he didn't throw for a week before the Oakland and Arizona games, because his arm strength just did not match up with what I saw out of him the rest of the season. I watched the games over again today and there is a distinct similarity in the way he was throwing the ball in those two games where he normally would make those throws.

Always with the insults when ya can't make a point or talk about the subject matter! Again I say "just sad"

You either didn't read my post on Page 3 (which was a direct response to your points or lackthereof), or as I suspect, you have no rebuttal or anything of substance to add. So my post does hold true.

I'm willing to bet it had more to do with the fact that he didn't throw for a week before the Oakland and Arizona games, because his arm strength just did not match up with what I saw out of him the rest of the season. I watched the games over again today and there is a distinct similarity in the way he was throwing the ball in those two games where he normally would make those throws.

Hey you might be right. And that is a very good point. His age and with TJS. It will only get worse, and now you have him for 5 more years.

Hey you might be right. And that is a very good point. His age and with TJS. It will only get worse, and now you have him for 5 more years.

Actually it will only get better from here, since now they know what not to do. TJ doesn't create a degenerative condition so it doesn't apply.

Three games huh? Which three?

NYG? Nope, that was the D.

First TB game? He had a bad day so maybe you count that one. They shut down the whole offense him included.

Second Atl game? Defense.

Minny? He had a few errors in that one, but I would say the O as a whole had a crappy day.

By no stretch do I see three losses directly attributable to QB play.

By the way, pretty much every QB in the league has a few stinkers/year. He's no exception to that rule.

Jake had a lot of picks in that first Bucs game but I had no problem w/ the throws.....they weren't bad they just bounced off hands and the defenders grabbed them. Shat, happens.

as for cabbie,

Too much is placed on the AZ game. Jake's performance also takes away from a poor coaching job/decisions made from the sidelines.

Jake is Jake. Given a healthly and good club around him....he has taken Carolina to the playoffs those 3 years. Nothing to suggest he would be the reason they don't make it b/c of him.

Overall, Carolina's weakness last season was D not QB.

It will be close but I just think that Delhomme is going to cost you the division this year. He will have a couple of Oakland games! What did he have like a 25% QB rating in that game. QB play cost you three games last year. With the tough schedule we all have this year, games like that will cost ya. And its not like you won the division in the last five seconds of the last game!

To be fair we not only won the division in the last 5 secs of the last game but also the 2 secs of the first game in San Diego and the comeback against Chicago in week 2. Both of those games were without Steve Smith and Double Trouble were still finding their identity. So much more a Quarterback won game. Delhomme threw passes to 5 diff receivers in the last SD drive I believe. Muhammed, Hackett, Goings, Rosario & Jarett

If you gonna say a quarterback Cost you games then he conversely won you games with exemplary play as Jake did. As we have debated Jake is River boat gambler style quarterback his style has won us games and lost us games. In my book we are ahead

For an example Jakes INTs comes in bunches! 3 against TB, 4 against Oakland, 5 against Arizona. That should not happen! Especially to a Vet. I just think that at his age these are glimpses of things to come.

There were also 10 games that he threw 0 ints in.

There have been other 30+ yo Qbs who had 4-6 ints in a game too. Two of them are Manning and Brady who are the two guys considered the elite guys in the NFL by most people.

What does that have to do with age?

To be fair we not only won the division in the last 5 secs of the last game but also the 2 secs of the first game, San Diego and the comeback against Chicago week 2.

If you gonna say a quarterback Cost you games then he conversely won you games with exemplary play as Jake did. As we have debated Jake is River boat gambler style quarterback his style has won us games and lost us games. In my book we are ahead

Time will tell. I will be back to eat crow if I am wrong! Get ya :lurk5: ready!

They just posted the Panthers 32 teams in 32 days video and Faulk doesn't think Carolina is the team to beat in the NFC South...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8112c0d6/32-in-32-Carolina-Panthers

Yet a few weeks ago he picked them to win the division...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/09000d5d810771c8/Best-in-the-NFC-South

Hmm, nothing much changed in between these two videos save Peppers signing his tender. A little contradiction eh?

It sure does, this tells me he's a flake.

Archived