• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marshall Faulk realizes...

capfolly

Three games huh? Which three?

NYG? Nope, that was the D.

First TB game? He had a bad day so maybe you count that one. They shut down the whole offense him included.

Second Atl game? Defense.

Minny? He had a few errors in that one, but I would say the O as a whole had a crappy day.

By no stretch do I see three losses directly attributable to QB play.

By the way, pretty much every QB in the league has a few stinkers/year. He's no exception to that rule.

Three games huh? Which three?

NYG? Nope, that was the D.

First TB game? He had a bad day so maybe you count that one. They shut down the whole offense him included.

Second Atl game? Defense.

Minny? He had a few errors in that one, but I would say the O as a whole had a crappy day.

By no stretch do I see three losses directly attributable to QB play.

By the way, pretty much every QB in the league has a few stinkers/year. He's no exception to that rule.

1) Tampa Bay

2) Oakland

3) (and most Important) Arizona

and I gave him a pass at Minny!

If jake was such a bad QB last year then why was he 1st in Air yards, 4th in AAYPG, 3rd in ADYPG. Ummmmmm, SO???? yea the Adjusted YPG stat the top 6 are always playoff team QB's. Minus the Oakland game, which we won and the Arizona game in the playoff's Jake had a solid year. That being the year after TJS, which takes a full year to get back to playing, but another year on top of that to get your arm back into top shape and form.

You could also count the two after bye week performances on the coaching staff for sitting him during the Bye week. It caused his arm to lock up before the Arizona playoff game..........

Um...they beat Oakland so that isn't a loss. You said COST THEM A GAME. That means an L.

Yep you are right I did. That Minny game was 50/50 that I let him slide on. Only way you won that Oakland game was because it was against the 2nd worst team in the NFL. Let him have a 12.8 QB rating against anybody you play next year and it will be a loss. Point is he will lose games for you next year and that will be the reason you will not win the division.

Yep you are right I did. That Minny game was 50/50 that I let him slide on. Only way you won that Oakland game was because it was against the 2nd worst team in the NFL. Let him have a 12.8 QB rating against anybody you play next year and it will be a loss. Point is he will lose games for you next year and that will be the reason you will not win the division.

TB 24 OAK 31

so if oakland was the 2nd worst team in the nfl... the 1st place finish would go to...?

I'm gonna go ahead out on a limb here and say neither Williams nor Turner will have as good of a season as they had last year.

Williams because Stewart will take a bigger role this year and Turner because he will break down. He hit the 370 carry wall last season and will more than likely get injured this season. Hope Atlanta has a backup plan when he tears an ACL in week 5.

AP and MJD will be the top 2 backs this season.

Yea, I think it's fairly narrow-minded to think that the only way to improve your team in the offseason is to sign big name free agents and draft highly touted rookies but I'd like to argue against Faulk's reasoning that we aren't going to be the team to beat in the NFC south because "this is a quaterback driven league" and the Saints and Falcons have solid QB's. I'm certain that Carolina, Atlanta and New Orleans had the same quaterbacks last year as they will have this coming year, barring injuries, and yet the Panthers were crowned NFC south champs last season. Somehow, this season, that will make a difference?

I am still not sold that Atlanta has a great QB. Don't get me wrong, he had a great rookie season. However, remember Derek Anderson....one great season and then nothing.

They should wait to see a few seasons of consistent performance before annointing him the next great QB.

Caddieman:If you want me to disagree that the team bailed him out against Oakland, I won't do that. It's the truth.

I don't hold him to a different standard than any other QB though (crappy games, he has them, they do too). It sounds kind of like you do. Most teams whose QB has a really subpar game lose. It's a fact. Go look it up on NFL.com.

The defense cost this team far more games last year than QB play. Will that change next year? Who knows? I am more concerned with the D though because that's the main problem.

IMO AP won't be a top RB till he stops his fumbling problem. His season last year, he was at best the 3rd/4th best back in the league. 9 fumbles is just ridiculous for any player to have, just stupid that he's still considered a star after 16 fumbles in two years at running back.

Caddieman:If you want me to disagree that the team bailed him out against Oakland, I won't do that. It's the truth.

I don't hold him to a different standard than any other QB though (crappy games, he has them, they do too). It sounds kind of like you do. Most teams whose QB has a really subpar game lose. It's a fact. Go look it up on NFL.com.

The defense cost this team far more games last year than QB play. Will that change next year? Who knows? I am more concerned with the D though because that's the main problem.

Agreed, that's the main thing I'm worried about. That and Line depth.

You are right every teams QB has bad games. Ryan lost us our 1st TB game. But also that was only his 2nd NFL game ever. After that he was very consistent. Jake however seems to have very violent swings. When he is bad he looks like Ryan Leaf out there. A vet with his experience should not have those swings. I feel with his age it will only get worse!

Archived