• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marshall Faulk realizes...

capfolly

They just posted the Panthers 32 teams in 32 days video and Faulk doesn't think Carolina is the team to beat in the NFC South...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8112c0d6/32-in-32-Carolina-Panthers

Yet a few weeks ago he picked them to win the division...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/09000d5d810771c8/Best-in-the-NFC-South

Hmm, nothing much changed in between these two videos save Peppers signing his tender. A little contradiction eh?

^^^^^^^^^^^

good catch!

Hah thanks. I've been waiting to see where the Panthers fell in the 32 days thing they're running and when Faulk commented saying that they weren't the team to beat I was a little confused. It's obvious they just try and pick opposing sides to an argument and this time around Faulk took the bad cop role.

They just posted the Panthers 32 teams in 32 days video and Faulk doesn't think Carolina is the team to beat in the NFC South...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8112c0d6/32-in-32-Carolina-Panthers

Yet a few weeks ago he picked them to win the division...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/carolina-panthers/09000d5d810771c8/Best-in-the-NFC-South

Hmm, nothing much changed in between these two videos save Peppers signing his tender. A little contradiction eh?

it's what other teams in our division are doing. As usual, just because the Saints make some big moves that seem to be in the right direction, they get the nod.

it's what other teams in our division are doing. As usual, just because the Saints make some big moves that seem to be in the right direction, they get the nod.

Yea, I think it's fairly narrow-minded to think that the only way to improve your team in the offseason is to sign big name free agents and draft highly touted rookies but I'd like to argue against Faulk's reasoning that we aren't going to be the team to beat in the NFC south because "this is a quaterback driven league" and the Saints and Falcons have solid QB's. I'm certain that Carolina, Atlanta and New Orleans had the same quaterbacks last year as they will have this coming year, barring injuries, and yet the Panthers were crowned NFC south champs last season. Somehow, this season, that will make a difference?

Truth is that almost always the favorites in the division never win. Don't know why but it happens. I am glad the media is on the Saints and Birds nuts. I just love the disrespect card. Always works for us. Our players will definitely have a chip on their shoulder.

But, you know, they didn't really do much more than what they have done since Payton has been there. Hasn't worked real well either.

And the world will just have to wait to see if Matt Ryan and Mike Smith have sophomore slumps. It's usually because the other teams have figured you out, no surprises.

And no one knows about Tampa Bay. I'm not sure they even know themselves.

The Panthers broke one myth last year. The team that was last the year before was not first the next year. Almost, but being close only counts in horseshoes. We can break another one this year. Hopefully, 2 winning seasons in a row.

And no one knows what will happen with Jake's elbow this year. Will it be better than last year like the pitchers that had the surgery being better in their 2nd year? Or will it tank?

There are alot of questions this year, even after Peppers signed, even with 21 of 22 starters coming back. I can't wait! :cheers2:

"this is a quaterback driven league"

This is something a bunch of them say and it drives me nuts. Maybe they think if they repeat it enough it will be true. PUBLICITY wise in the media and for FANTASY FOOTBALL it's true. In reality, you don't need some superstar and/or first rounder who puts up a bunch of pretty numbers. Not at all.

This is something a bunch of them say and it drives me nuts. Maybe they think if they repeat it enough it will be true. PUBLICITY wise in the media and for FANTASY FOOTBALL it's true. In reality, you don't need some superstar and/or first rounder who puts up a bunch of pretty numbers. Not at all.

I would say that to if Delhomme was my QB! If you repeat this enough it might be true too!:frown2:

Archived