• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bringing Barner and Stewart into the mix

neverlosethefeeling

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- More than a few people noticed when Carolina Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart ran at close to full speed down the sideline during Monday's practice.

It was the first time the former first-round pick out of Oregon tested his ankles like that since undergoing offseason surgery.

"And that was exciting,'' coach Ron Rivera said.

Said Stewart, who has struggled in particular with rehabbing the right ankle, "As good as it's felt in a while.''

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/90364/stewart-looks-fast-in-comeback-from-pup

it'll be good to get both of these guys back.  I hope to see Barner out in space and Stewart maybe back to his 40 rec in 2011..  Could be the first time he's really been healthy since entering the league.

KB returned to practice last week. Stewart is eligible to come off of PUP in two weeks and looks "strong" according to a Joe Person tweet from today.

DeAngelo has been a very solid back this year, ranking third in the league in rushing as recently as last week. So my question to you is this: How do we bring both Barner and Stewart into the offense without losing the production we've been getting out of the running game? With Williams doing a nice job so far, do we keep feeding him the rock and bring Stewart and Barner in to spell him only in certain situations? For example, Barner could be an asset in the screen game and a backfield of Stewart, Tolbert, Newton on third or fourth and short is going to convert 9 times out of 10. 

I'm excited to get both of these guys out there, but it has to be done right to ensure the running game doesn't drop off.

For the team to convert on fourth and short, our coaching staff has to call a play going for it on fourth and short. The blowout against the Giants kept Ron Rivera from having to call any crucial plays late, lets hope he remembers the firestorm that rained down on him after week 2. No matter what happened vs the giants, he is one game of bad play calls away from being right back in the middle of a wave of attacks from fans. I do agree with you though, on the possibilities. 

Archived