• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bringing Barner and Stewart into the mix

neverlosethefeeling

I want to see Barner used as an effective prototypical scat-back. If used properly, I believe that he can bring a dimension to our offense that we have never really had.  With his pass catching ability, speed and shiftiness, I would like us to use him much like the Saints use Darren Sproles.

I think the Defense might get the idea we would run the ball with that formation... lol

Then we pass.  Armanti under center tosses an end around to Cam who reverses back to Tolbert who throws to a wide open.....Kalil?

Super Bowl

Williams' fumbles were only brought up when someone tried to paint Barner as a fumbler. He had one preseason fumble as a runner. The other was a QB exchange. If you want to make a big deal out of those.....you simply have to also recognize Williams is dropping it.

Barner wasn't a fumbler at Oregon. Kick returns is a different conversation

Regardless of what you spin, Barner had 2 fumbles credited to him not to the quarterback or anyone else in 16 attempts so that is one fumble every 8 carries in the preseason.  Williams has 2 fumbles in 62 attempts or 1 every 31 carries.  But yeah they are similar and you don't spin the Williams hate while riding other guys nuts who haven't even seen the field.  As for college, that has no relevance in the NFL.

Deangelo is one of the greatest RBs of all time. Numbers don't lie. Statistically in league with Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, and will be remembered on the same terms. Best player to ever put on a Panthers uniform.

No, he isn't

I think we would be a top notch offense if we find a way to get Ginn involved in the read option gameplan.  Have him coming through the backfield and Cam's options being giving it to whoever is in at RB, Tolbert, Ginn, keeping it himself or throwing it downfield to Smitty and Olsen.

It would be a lot for a defense to gameplan for.

I agree that the emotional attachment to players has cost us, both financially and on the field. I don't care who retires here. I want to win.

My comment before has nothing to do with homerism. I like DWill and Stew and want to see Barner get his chance. There is no doubt we went full retard with the RB contracts. I just don't understand why you look for every opportunity to hammer DWill when you could easily make the argument that he has been the more productive member of double trouble.

If we let Cam be Cam, and by that I mean utilizing his abilities as a runner as well as passer, just about any decent RB should look good. What Cam does as a double threat is what opens up our whole offense.

I just don't understand why you have to consistently hammer DWill. It's not his fault Hurney paid him like AP. And frankly, Stew's contract is worse than DWill's. Both of those guys have gotten paid, both are good but underutilized. We can't do anything about that, it's a done deal. So maybe we should just appreciate the production we are getting right now in the run game, and forget about jersey numbers and names.

Pretty sure it have repeatedly said he is running good.....so far better than 2012 and 2011.

Issue remains those that chime in with the he is one of the GOAT or now a top 4 RB again etc. That is over the top.....and disputing such isn't hammering Williams. Nor is wanting healthy diverse runners to be part of our offense when they return.

Pretty sure it have repeatedly said he is running good.....so far better than 2012 and 2011.

Issue remains those that chime in with the he is one of the GOAT or now a top 4 RB again etc. That is over the top.....and disputing such isn't hammering Williams. Nor is wanting healthy diverse runners to be part of our offense when they return.

most posters realize this. but you have to continually chime in and dispute when random posters say he is GOAT and top 4 rb. it is few and far between.

and i know rodeo was joking when he said that.

most posters realize this. but you have to continually chime in and dispute when random posters say he is GOAT and top 4 rb. it is few and far between.

and i know rodeo was joking when he said that.

Didn't sound like a joke to me....let him say that.

Rodeo isn't a random poster.

Didn't sound like a joke to me....let him say that.

Rodeo isn't a random poster.

rodeo has consistently talked about our rb situation/problems. if he was being serious it's not consistent with what he has said before and i meant the other posters. but view this reality however you want.

rodeo has consistently talked about our rb situation/problems. if he was being serious it's not consistent with what he has said before and i meant the other posters. but view this reality however you want.

Well, maybe he was joking. I don't know everyone's stance.....seemed a bit detailed which is why I assumed it was a real stance

Archived