• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bringing Barner and Stewart into the mix

neverlosethefeeling

If Stewart can stay healthy, Stew and Barner would be a sick combo. But he can't stay healthy and never will stay healthy. Get rid of both the high priced dudes and build a solid line so we can just use a 3rd rounder on a replacement.

Barner is not high priced, unless you are talking about williams?

Glad we're getting Barner and Stewart back..

I'm a little worried about fumbles from the new guys though. (Stewart is new to the season and has not really had game time in a long time). Dwill has already dropped the rock that cost us game and I fully believe that he will not drop the rock again. I'm not confident that our rookie rb and our rb that just had surgury, will protect the ball like Dwill, as we move forward.

Williams has 2 fumbles in 3 games....

I get your point about lack of recent reps but at the same time Williams has had his issues yet you paint him as Mr. No Fumble while they have been out.

D-Lo has always been better when he gets 18-25 carries a game. Splitting carries does not do D-Lo any favors

Stewart is better when he doesn't spilt. That really holds true for most RBs as they can find a rhythm and get more chances to a actually break one.

I mean Mike Goodson, Nick Goings were at there best when getting 20-25 as well.

I love folks on here talking about how good we will be when Stewart comes back assuming he will be an upgrade. He hasn't touched a football since January and is nowhere close at this point. If there wasn't hope he might be able to play if we need him in case Williams gets hurt he would be on IR already.
Instead of always ripping Williams we should count our lucky stars he is durable. Both Barner and Stewart who were supposed to be the future have been huge disappointments so far. Stewart more so than Barner.

I love folks on here talking about how good we will be when Stewart comes back assuming he will be an upgrade. He hasnt touched a football since January and is nowhere close at this point. If tbere wasnt hope he might be able to play if qe need him in case Williams gets hurt he would be on IR already.

Instead of always ripping Williams we should count iur lucky stars he is durable. Both Barner and Stewart who were supposed to be the future have been huge disappointments so far.

Hard to call Barner a huge disappointment. He is a rookie drafted late (a VERY talented one) who is getting over a foot injury....and looks to be back and getting ready for this Sunday.

We have played 3 games.....too short of a window to call Barner a disappointment or this spin that Williams is suddenly the 2008 stud.

Williams has 2 fumbles in 3 games....

I get your point about lack of recent reps but at the same time Williams has had his issues yet you paint him as Mr. No Fumble while they have been out.

Dwill has cost us a game this season, I agree.    Since then,  he has since basically vowed to hold onto the ball like his life depended on it..   I'm not saying he is perfect in that regard,  because he isn't.  I just trust him more moving forward.

My fear is,  Barner having a game costing fumble,  before he focuses extra hard on holding onto the ball.

Stewart..  I trust Stewart,  the lack of reps scares the bejesus out of me though.    I would bring him in extra slowly. 

Dwill has cost us a game this season, I agree. Since then, he has since basically vowed to hold onto the ball like his life depended on it.. I'm not saying he is perfect in that regard, because he isn't. I just trust him more moving forward.

My fear is, Barner having a game costing fumble, before he focuses extra hard on holding onto the ball.

Stewart.. I trust Stewart, the lack of reps scares the bejesus out of me though. I would bring him in extra slowly.

Williams' best ball security was when he was young.....it was freaky.

Barner has never had much of an issue with ba security outside of a as a return man.....and most returners have issues (89 did as a pro bowl returner).

Barner is too explosive and diverse to let him sit out of fear of a fumble problem he has never had. He probably just needs mental reps more than anything.....as RR said he needs to make sure he remembers all the checks and audibles

In the past 19 games Williams has had 2 game losing fumbles.....so sitting Barner out of fear of that shouldn't happen when we already have that element going on.

We will see....I personally think it will take Barner until about week 8 to find his groove and nitch....and then I think people will LOVE him

Funny that Williams is a problem because he has fumbled a few times this year after being very fumble resistant for years.  Barner had 2 fumbles in the preseason (not counting returns) which is the only time he has played and he is supposedly fumble resistant and we should play him with no concerns.  Amazing how some folks here are so negative about Williams they ignore reality to paint a very biased picture yet hug on other guys nuts who have done nothing at all yet this year. 

In the past 19 games Williams has had 2 game losing fumbles.....so sitting Barner out of fear of that shouldn't happen when we already have that element going on.

Ahh CRA...you can spin better than this. You know better than to suggest that those 2 fumbles cost us those games.

Whatever happened to the whole "it's a team sport" thing? Or does that philosophy only apply when talking about the players you happen to like?

You can tell us a 1000 times that you have nothing against DWill, that you just don't like spending so much on the position, and that Stew fits our offense better, but guess what? Nobody is buying that. It is obvious from the way you emphasize every negative that you are in no way being an objective observer.

And that's fine. We all do it. Just don't keep trying to pass it off as unbiased observation.

Archived