• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam can't read defenses- Cam Newton Presser

CelibatePimp

I was at the game today. Some of those routes take way too damn long to develop. Cam is sitting back there ready to chuck it downfield and our guys don't have their heads turned...they are still finishing their routes. And they already have plenty of space to make a play

During other games on TV it just looks like he's holding it too long....but you can't see the WRs on screen...

Point being the routes take too long. Cam is ready to fire it but he has to wait...

the idea cam "can't read defenses" is literally retarded.

if that was true he never would have put up the numbers he did.

i'm sorry but nobody is so fuging physically gifted to put up 60 TDs and 9000 total yards of offense in 2 seasons without knowing how to read NFL defenses.

it's true he may not be perfect at it yet, and he definitely has lots of room to grow, but it's good to know we won't have any more idiotic threads suggesting we trade cam.

I'm a football nut and when Cam described what he "saw" I realized for the first time that I litterally know absolutely nothing about the inner workings of professional football.

It's kinda like the respect I gained for NASCAR drivers when I got in the petty racing experience car. It is indescribable wat those guys do. Cam IS a true QB. He sees wat he has time to see and more. I'm satisfied now.

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Cam-Newton-Happy-for-resilient-teammates/bce6861f-ff26-44f6-99df-2e4d40af283a

Watch his presser and when he talks about all his TDs (towards the end of the video). I wonder where those people saying he cannot read defenses get that notion from.

I think we all know why.

I'm just going to go ahead and say it. Part of it is racism and the negative perception the media puts around Cam. How everything is his fault, all he can do is run, leadership issues blah blah blah. ESPN wants Luck to be the golden boy, Wilson to be Brees 2.0, and RG 0&3 to be the signature black QB. Where does that leave Cam? The bad guy that causes problems.

I literally wanted to throw up reading the article comparing the young QBs. One stat compared their intelligence. How the fug does anyone know how smart they are? Mark Sanchez might be a fuggin  genius but a shitty QB. No one knows that kind of thing and having the audacity to speculate it in a professional article is ridiculous.

But I'll say this.  Cam may not have had the amazing QB rating CK and RGIII had their rookie year. But he also has never had play calling that protected him. Everything has been put on the shoulders of Cam to perform day 1. No gimmicks, no retarded motions, no BS pistol formations, no relying on roll outs, just Cam being put in the pocket to set his feet and throw, or take off and make a play. We don't even rely on read option that much and Cam doesn't need it to succeed.

Cam is the real deal and rest are trying to upstage him. Except Wilson, he is actually good.

I was at the game today. Some of those routes take way too damn long to develop. Cam is sitting back there ready to chuck it downfield and our guys don't have their heads turned...they are still finishing their routes. And they already have plenty of space to make a play

During other games on TV it just looks like he's holding it too long....but you can't see the WRs on screen...

Point being the routes take too long. Cam is ready to fire it but he has to wait...

Exactly what I've been trying to tell people

Can the Haters, now spend more of their time talking about the two guys WHO REALLY CAN'T READ DEFENSES (Kaep, RG3), relying on all type of gimmicks, motion, misdirection and their running games to succeed. 

And Luck is not that great at reading defenses as well. However, at least he carries more of the load like Cam and Tannenhill. However, the Colts recognize this, and are incorporating more of their run game to balance off Luck. 

Archived