• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First frustrating experience for me today at BoAS today

CardiacCats

Not on defense/third down.

If i were sitting in front of elderly people, I would sit down. You are not louder standing up and it really makes no difference.  However, if people in front of me were standing, I would so I could see.  I was at a basketball game once and the people in front of me decided to stand the entire game.  Does that mean I have to as well?  Nope--I paid for a seat, not a perch.  I called security-they sat down.

It is just common courtesy.  It is your right to do something until it impedes the rights of others.  Some people do not have common sense or respect for others.   If your grandfather went to a game and some young people in front of him would not sit, and he was not physically able to stand, what would you do then?

You can still cheer from your seat or stand when it is time to do so.  I promise Luke Kuechly won't know if you are sitting or standing.  It is great to make noise and yell, but you are part of the crowd, not the reason there is one.

As far as standing goes, I have a gentleman's agreement with the folks behind me. They are all PSL owners and raise hell as well. However, My seats are on the aisle so I stand on the stairs as a courtesy to them. It's physically impossible for me to sit at a game when we are on D. All week I play the role of professional at work and dad at home. Sunday is my day to let it all out.

Same thing here, I have an aisle seat and I'm 6'6", 300 lbs so I stand on the stairs as a general courtesy to the people behind me. 

Back in 09' I think, I was at the Baltimore vs Panthers preseason game. I had a family of four behind me, the father had a problem with just about everything that night. Kept asking me to sit down, stop yelling, stop cursing.

"stop threatening the other team"

"please stop punching my pregnant wife in the stomach"

"he is raping that poor elderly woman"

"oh my god he is eating my children"

it was ROUGH

I have stood and jumped out of my seat at every game. The same lady behind me has been yelling sit down for the last 17 seasons. Security has never once told me I have to sit in my seat.

I don't stand up during the whole game trying obnoxius. I know when to stand and I know when sit down, so I'm not blocking someones view. 

Anyone that uses this as an excuse for not going to a Panthers game is a real p_ _ _ _.

Sunday was my first Panthers game in person. It's been a dream of mine since 1995 to see the Panthers play at home, and living on the other side of the state has made that a challenge until last weekend. I stood up and cheered and yelled and made noise for the defense, but I wasn't harassed by anyone. I would be willing to bet half of my section was Giants fans. They were all over the place. Walking into the stadium, I thought we were in South New York. The Giants fans were loud when we were on offense in the beginning. Cam kind of referenced that in his press conference. 

All of the vendors, concessions operators, security, etc that I dealt with were very friendly. The atmosphere was amazing and I'm so excited that my first game was a historic win for us. It was an awesome feeling to see so many Giants fans start leaving at halftime. 

I'm a long time lurker here. I had an account that I posted with a few years ago. I just wanted to share my excellent first experience at Bank of America Stadium. I can't wait until I get to see them play again in person on the road toward the end of this season. What a difference one game can make. Hopefully we're going to be good this season. 

Go Panthers!

Archived