• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First frustrating experience for me today at BoAS today

CardiacCats

So today I'm at the game, our team is kicking ass. I want to cheer! I want to stand on my feet and give them the support they deserved. Well an older couple behind me every time my friend and I stood up during a play forced us to sit down. When a big play happens its habit for me to stand up, I don't give a fug about the people behind me. I'm a broke 17 year old and I don't get the opportunity to go to many games. I'm lucky to get to 1-2 a year so when I go I want to be as crazy as I can. They threatened to call security on my friend and I and all we were doing was standing. We weren't saying obnoxious things or anything, we rarely even cussed we were just cheering on our team. I stil enjoyed myself thoroughly, I mean we won 38-0 but look if you're gonna yell at people for being on their feet you have no business being at the game.

I hear ya ... its happens to much.  Plus, there are plenty of other Panther fans sitting down so when you stand up you are more the minority than not.  This is how it is in my section, upstairs, at least.  It seams like the people downstairs stand up much more.     

Funniest thing today was sitting behind me were Giants fans.  They actually asked me to sit down LOL.  I couldn't believe it.  Never before was I asked to sit down by the opposing teams fan.  I politely said "I don't think that is going to happen" and left it at that.      

Something I did notice today was they weren't constantly playing on the screen and speakers that information to text for issues.  Maybe they did and I just didn't notice.  

This actually makes me really angry. It is EXACTLY these type of people that we need to make sure NEVER come to the stadium again. If you are not on your feet for a football game, you don't deserve to watch the football game. Hell, I think our fans should stand up the entire time, but I guess we have to improve step by step. If i was head of security, I would have kicked those people complaining out on the spot.

My section was full of Giants fans.  Even when Pittsburgh plays here, there aren't as many opposing teams jerseys as there were yesterday.  Which made it all the more fun to see us blow them out.

And I do want to call out the good sportsmanship.  My son comes to all the games with me, and there were unprompted apologies for cursing, and some inside-out jerseys as a result of side bets during the game.  So even if it wasn't all Panther fans, still had a good time.

And FWIW to the OP, stand up when it makes sense to, sit down when they're huddled up or during time outs.  No one is going to throw you out for that, ever.  What they get you for is your reaction to the old farts, not for what they were complaining about in the first place.

My section was full of Giants fans.  Even when Pittsburgh plays here, there aren't as many opposing teams jerseys as there were yesterday.  Which made it all the more fun to see us blow them out.

And I do want to call out the good sportsmanship.  My son comes to all the games with me, and there were unprompted apologies for cursing, and some inside-out jerseys as a result of side bets during the game.  So even if it wasn't all Panther fans, still had a good time.

And FWIW to the OP, stand up when it makes sense to, sit down when they're huddled up or during time outs.  No one is going to throw you out for that, ever.  What they get you for is your reaction to the old farts, not for what they were complaining about in the first place.

This. No one should stand up the whole game. 

Everyone should get rowdy when we are on defense.

Everyone should stfu when we are on offense.

Only children, women, and old people should do the wave.

easy rules to follow

Archived