• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First frustrating experience for me today at BoAS today

CardiacCats

So today I'm at the game, our team is kicking ass. I want to cheer! I want to stand on my feet and give them the support they deserved. Well an older couple behind me every time my friend and I stood up during a play forced us to sit down. When a big play happens its habit for me to stand up, I don't give a fug about the people behind me. I'm a broke 17 year old and I don't get the opportunity to go to many games. I'm lucky to get to 1-2 a year so when I go I want to be as crazy as I can. They threatened to call security on my friend and I and all we were doing was standing. We weren't saying obnoxious things or anything, we rarely even cussed we were just cheering on our team. I stil enjoyed myself thoroughly, I mean we won 38-0 but look if you're gonna yell at people for being on their feet you have no business being at the game.

So today I'm at the game, our team is kicking ass. I want to cheer! I want to stand on my feet and give them the support they deserved. Well an older couple behind me every time my friend and I stood up during a play forced us to sit down. When a big play happens its habit for me to stand up, I don't give a fug about the people behind me. I'm a broke 17 year old and I don't get the opportunity to go to many games. I'm lucky to get to 1-2 a year so when I go I want to be as crazy as I can. They threatened to call security on my friend and I and all we were doing was standing. We weren't saying obnoxious things or anything, we rarely even cussed we were just cheering on our team. I stil enjoyed myself thoroughly, I mean we won 38-0 but look if you're gonna yell at people for being on their feet you have no business being at the game.

Wine and cheesers. When I was 20 in 2011 I made it to several games, sometimes hungover, sometimes drunk and thank god I never say infront of people like that. I stayed standing just for the hell of it and to spite all the shitty fans we have. This isn't a trip to the park.

Most stadiums have a rule that you shouldn't stand for an extended amount of time but for people to say that to you during a game where you should be excited then they need to figure out they are not at the theater.....its a live event and if you don't want people standing up infront of you then shell out the cash and get row 1.  My brother and I went to the dreadful game when AZ killed us in the 2nd round of the playoffs.....the start of the game everyone was standing up infront of us we were 7 rows back from the endzone.  So of course we were standing because we were crazy excited about that game as was everyone in the stadium.  The middle aged couple behind me kept telling us to sit down, so we told him to look infront of us and told him get everyone infront of us to sit and we would be happy to but its a freaking playoff game and we're going to stand as along as everyone else.  Then he went off on a rant about this is what happens when people who have never been to a game act and all this and I proceeded to educate the man that he was an asshole and need to drink a beer and chill out and that my brother and I fly down for a few games every year...now 4 years going on as PSL owners opposite endzone row 9 and our group of fans love to get rowdy when we play, we all high five during good plays and TDs and even the ones with kids don't mind our drunken yelling when its appropriate of course..

Archived