• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Spartanburg hotels for training camp?

KintnerBoy

Never used Priceline before. It appears that I can't just pick any hotel that I want. What did you put in to bid on this hotel? What star rating?

You can't pick and choose the exact hotel you want. When you first start to make you offer you pick 1 star-2 star 3-star and above etc up to a 5 star level. You are stuck with what you get, and most of the times the rooms even get upgraded by the time I check in. Been my luck anyway. Stayed in a many of 400 dollar a night rooms for 90-120 bucks all over.

Start low and keep checking, then again the next day or so. If you can wait them out, something will fall for you.

i saw some bad reviews on the days inn accross the st but whats so bad about it if you just need a place to crash everynight? is it dangerous or something? any detailed info would be appreciated. thanks guys

I'm not sure but check out these reviews from the site.

http://reservations.hotel-guides.us/hotel/10011676-10199618O.html?ses=267a3de600fc79833198a63f8342e4f3

You can't pick and choose the exact hotel you want. When you first start to make you offer you pick 1 star-2 star 3-star and above etc up to a 5 star level. You are stuck with what you get, and most of the times the rooms even get upgraded by the time I check in. Been my luck anyway. Stayed in a many of 400 dollar a night rooms for 90-120 bucks all over.

Start low and keep checking, then again the next day or so. If you can wait them out, something will fall for you.

Well, I'm staying at the Courtyard too for the same price. What days are you going? I'll be there Aug 2nd through Aug 4th.

Aug 2 till the 5th. I wish I had told you to try them at 30, and see if they would take it. :D

:cheers2: We'll see you there then my friend.

Yeah, I should've but thought maybe you had already tried that. Oh well, I'm happy with 40 bucks. Rep to you for the help! I'll buy ya a beer too if I see ya.

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi:

Last Sunday I drove from training camp to Holiday Inn Express on the westside and back. There are basically two routes between the two sites--for each drive, I chose the path which consisted of nearly all right hand turns. There was no traffic to speak of at 6pm. I almost didn't speed. Start and stop points were curbside front door hotel and curbside small circle immediately outside camp entrance (i.e. parking and walking time was not accounted for). The two choices yielded almost identical results of 11 and 12 minutes. I would consider these to be the minimum times.

I have about a 2.5 hour drive to Spartenburg from my house. Is it worth driving down early one morning to catch both practice sessions rather than pay for a hotel? I have never been to training camp before.

i was thinking of doing this for the either the fanfest or the practice on the following saturday so no hotel, and no missed work

Archived