• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

CardiacCats

Harbaugh is the exception. Carrol is the rule. Carrol flopped his first time through. But hey... nice try.

I'm not sure you can call making the playoffs two out of three years with the Patriots, including one AFC East title flopping.  He was also .500 or better each of his three season there.  But hey, if that's your definition of flopping I'll take some flopping in CAR....

He had a pretty terrible team in 1994 with the Jets, and was never given the opportunity to turn it around.

He might.  You never know.

My personal take though: He'll have a pro DC job within 5 minuts of his termination here.

Agree, he's one of the best, if not the best DC in the league.  Would love to have him as the DC here under a new coach, but that's crazy and completely impossible....

If we go the college route I am not sure I wouldn't want guys like Shaw, Chris Petersen, or Will Muschamp before Sumlin.

I think Muschamp is well suited to be a successful NFL HC. More so than a college coach actually.

Plus I just love the way he coaches a defense.

And the lastly he has "champ" in his name, I mean c'mon

I am not 100% convinced Sumlin's offense will translate to the NFL.

I don't think Petersen would either.

But just a hypothetical, if you were Sumlin would you rather coach the Panthers or Texas if that job also came open?

Depends on his mindset. Does he want to prove himself in the NFL, or does he want to be asked to be the savior of Texas football?

He might.  You never know.

My personal take though: He'll have a pro DC job within 5 minuts of his termination here.

In fact if he'd been fired last year like a lot of people wanted, the Saints would be on the fast track back to the Super Bowl, imo.

Guest Spider Monkey

In fact if he'd been fired last year like a lot of people wanted, the Saints would be on the fast track back to the Super Bowl, imo.

God couldn't save that defense.

Apparently noone here seen Case Keenum in Sumlins offense. It definitely wasn't just "run around". Go look at stats. Sumlin makes his QBs look like they're on another level.

I'd still rather have Shaw.

Summlin has always made his QBs look all world. He is without doubt an offensive / qb guru, 

Exactly what we / Cam need. 

Just need to make sure we get a great DC. 

Summlin has always made his QBs look all world. He is without doubt an offensive / qb guru, 

Exactly what we / Cam need. 

Just need to make sure we get a great DC. 

My dream is Sumlin HC and Rex Ryan DC.  Bah gawd.  Sumlin is first priority though, I'll turn cart-wheels if by some miracle we hire him.

Would love Sumlin as a coach. I remember watching case keenum in houston shred D's on CBSsports. I will say it again, Sumlin and Kliff Kingsbury made Johny Football. He is a Mike Leech disciple with his own version of the Air Raid. He's not some one hit wonder to those who are college football fans.

But.....how realistic would it be for Jerry to hire him? I mean he is the anti-thesis of our previous hires.

Archived