• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

CardiacCats

Maybe because Kiffin is a shitty game day coach, and it would be ridiculously stupid to bring him here? 

lol, better than Ron. that was the point of thread if you had read it.

There has been plenty of debate about whether or not going for the win or kicking the field goal in that situation is the right thing to do. Welp, most coaches would have went for it. That games evidences that point.

Better than Ron is highly debatable.  Right now he's doing a terrible job as a play caller, and his shittiness is the reason they lost to Washington State. He's a terrible game day coach.  Always has been, and probably always will be.  

By the way I did read it, I just think using one good play (which honestly was a no brainer even with how good USC's D is) in a season of bad plays is a pretty bad argument....

I admit my evaluation of college coaches leaves much to be desired. I don't really follow college football so I cant speak too in depth about them. But I stand by the decision he made.

and most importantly it won the game

They had plenty of opportunities to win the game, and didn't take advantage of them due to poor play calling though.  Also, even as good as Chuckie Keeton is a victory against Utah State should never be in doubt.  Just like a victory against Washington State should be a certainty, but Kiffin made both games much closer then they should have been....

They had plenty of opportunities to win the game, and didn't take advantage of them due to poor play calling though.  Also, even as good as Chuckie Keeton is a victory against Utah State should never be in doubt.  Just like a victory against Washington State should be a certainty, but Kiffin made both games much closer then they should have been....

nobodys perfect.  But the good ones win. period.

Its happening right now with the Pats.  I hate the Pats. But they still win. Belicheat is a good coach.

nobodys perfect.  But the good ones win. period.

Its happening right now with the Pats.  I hate the Pats. But they still win. Belicheat is a good coach.

I understand nobodies perfect.  But you should at least be a good play caller to manage an offense at USC, which he's not.

No thanks to Sumlin.  I haven't watched a whole lot of Texas A&M's offense over the last couple of years, but from the games I've watched, his gameplan is basically "QB run around and make a play".  That is just a little too simplistic for NFL defenses to shut down.

I admit my evaluation of college coaches leaves much to be desired. I don't really follow college football so I cant speak too in depth about them. But I stand by the decision he made.

and most importantly it won the game

Kiffin was a pro coach (briefly) and he was awful.

Plenty of so called "Hottest" college coaches have failed in the NFL.

Personally. Give me a HC that can lead. An OC who knows the game. A DC that can teach. A GM with evaluation skills. I be happy.

Let the other teams give those college guys the experience they need. Then I will think about them for my team.

Plenty of so called "Hottest" college coaches have failed in the NFL.

Personally. Give me a HC that can lead. An OC who knows the game. A DC that can teach. A GM with evaluation skills. I be happy.

Let the other teams give those college guys the experience they need. Then I will think about them for my team.

And miss out on the Harbaugh's and Carroll's.  You know, the coaches with probably the two best teams in the league...

Archived