• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

CardiacCats

I think it's more impressive with Rivers simply because they've been losing for awhile now. He probably worked hard to get rid of that loser cloud that hungover the Chargers. When you lose that much it can affect you is the point I'm trying to convey. Obviously Rivers is more talented than Manziel because he's already been drafted into the NFL and has been a starting QB.

Belichick hasn't been too hot with personnel decisions either. There's a reason GMs exist.

We are not on opposite sides of this argument. My point was more that Belichick has coaching skills that mostly overcome his personel management skill deficiencies , as evidenced by the 3 rings he has(well 2 since putin apparently stole one of them)

Sumlin's defense gives up .5 yards per play more than Saban's. If you're going to look at his team's defense, you have to adjust for the pace of his games.

Anyway, there aren't coaches with great knowledge of both offense and defense. A good coordinator must stick around to cover his weak spot. McDermott would be a good one.

Sumlin's defense gives up .5 yards per play more than Saban's. If you're going to look at his team's defense, you have to adjust for the pace of his games.

Anyway, there aren't coaches with great knowledge of both offense and defense. A good coordinator must stick around to cover his weak spot. McDermott would be a good one.

That's the story in Philly too.

Not much to go on yet, but the results aren't that great so far.

I think it's more impressive with Rivers simply because they've been losing for awhile now. He probably worked hard to get rid of that loser cloud that hungover the Chargers. When you lose that much it can affect you is the point I'm trying to convey. Obviously Rivers is more talented than Manziel because he's already been drafted into the NFL and has been a starting QB.

Rivers had one bad year. The chargers were a force for a long time. The brain trust didn't do a great job replenishing talent around him.

Archived