• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Sumlin Christ-Wagon Thread

CardiacCats

I know it's the third week of the season and this thread could be locked but I seriously don't care.  This dude is everything I dream of in our next head coach, I seriously can't even fathom what he'd do with Cam.  Cam would be a top 3 weapon in the league under Sumlin.  UNfortunately JR is a fuging dumbass when it comes to hiring coaches so the chances of him spending a lot of $$$ and ceding full personnel control to a young, flashy college coach is probably less than 1 but for now I'm holding out hope.  Anyone else dreaming of this dude?

Found people exploring this topic:

http://www.secrant.com/rant/p/44642956/Kevin-Sumlin-to-the-Carolina-Panthers.aspx

Summlin isnt taking a OC position. He is one of the hottest HC's in the country.

Please enlighten me. How is he one of the hottest HCs in the country. Because his QB won the Heisman? Because every college HC deserves to be a pro HC? What has he done to warrant being a NFL HC? Let alone being one of the "Hottest"?

His team cannot play Defense. But I guess if you can play Offense you don't need Defense? Personally, I would rather have him as an OC, where he would not have to worry about D, cuz he does not seem to have a plan for that side of the ball as of now.

Being an OC is a stepping stone to becoming a NFL HC. No reason to think he will be going straight to HC after one good year of college Offense.

As I have said. Bring him in under Lovie. Let him learn the pro game for a few years. Then replace him with the next "Hottest" when he leaves.

Too many around here fall in love too quickly. Sumlin has not proven anything yet.

We have a GM who's not a fan of read option / air raid / college style offenses.

I'd be kinda surprised to see him go after a college coach who runs anything other than a pro style system.

We should all get massive signs and rally in front of BoA demanding Summlin. 

Has that ever been done before by a fan base? 

Archived