• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Too much pressure on Cam Newton to win

CelibatePimp

let me get this straight.............

It's not Cam's fault........he doesn't have any talent around him.

Rivera sucks.........with the talent on this team we should be division winners.

Rivera's problem is game management and decision making. He wants this team to be about defense. That's where he spends his time and draft picks. This team has been built around defense not Cam Newton.

Rivera's press conference after the season he said the biggest thing this offseason would be about would be getting Cam Newton some guys around him that can make plays. So what does this team do? Draft two DTs with the first two picks. Where does that have us? Ranked 19th in rush defense(Worse than last season).

Star is playing great but everyone else on that line is meh.

The reason I give Cam a pass? Is because they haven't built this team around him. Once they do I'll be as critical of him as anyone.

Since he's been drafted the only other offensive player we have drafted that has played this year is Amini.

-So he has no right side protection and I mean none.

-A 34 year old 5'9 receiver as his primary target

-A #2 Wr that should be a 3/4

-A #3 Wr that has been a bust

-A App state qb converted into a wr

-A guy named Hixon that can't get on the field

-A qb coach that is learning on the job

-A oc that has been ran out of everywhere he's been

-And a head coach that nobody wanted

All I know is Cam has been extremely successful everyone he's gone including here; winning Rookie of the year and all of the records I don't have to list them all. The only thing Cam Newton doesn't have in the Nfl is wins.

Every qb has flaws that wins disguise. It's going to take more than Cam Newton playing better to get wins on this team.

I don't really buy into the too much pressure to win causing issues...I believe that just goes back to game planning....He gets paid like the rest of team to go out and play and hopefully win.....these guys as all of the NFL have had pressure on them for a long time I'm sure......the only difference now is they get a paycheck to do it....you don't think he had pressure on him when he played at a JUCO......you don't think he had pressure to win when he played all those big time games at Auburn??  Cam will step it up he will play like he should...I think Cam was pressing this last game or whatever you wanna call it....because Shula heard the critics about how we didn't throw the ball at all vertical and he really got on cam to go vertical more, so cam felt like he need to fix that problem so therefore trying to reaching for plays that sometimes were not there...Going vertical especially with some of the speed we have is good to keep the Def honest but play to the mans other strengths....Keep using Olsen....Finally last week Olsen showed who he can be, unlike in the 1st game where he had two hug drops...and I think 3 in all...I think all will be figured out soon enough and we'll actually walk away with a W this sunday and get a much thought of horrible bye week so early but I think for us it comes at the perfect time now....KEEP POUNDING!!!

It looks like he is getting a reputation in the league as not too good of a passer. I dunno.. He needs to step up and prove doubters wrong.

what makes his passing one dimensional is having one legit target! That's been the problem for the panthers for years. Everyone sipped and got drunk of the Lafell and Edwards kool-aid and are still buzzing. LaFell is #2 by default and Edwards in wishful thinking.We have coaching and offensive issues that are killing Cam's rep. So yes it is a lot of pressure he puts on himself because the staff sucks, the receivers suck, the stopless secondary sucks, the Oline SUCCCCCCCCCKS! 

okay I'm back now dude,I needed a good rant though. It preps me for game time losses. peace

Wilson is a better qb than Newton - hate to break it to you but its the truth.

okay but consider the timing he has to do things. He oline holds him down on big passing plays. our chase and sit on defenders after they've collected sacks. smh.... Nevertheless Wilson is solid. Kapernick would be a better comparison to cam though. Cam is better than him. Overall the people and staff around you make the QB spark his potential! Look at Cutler, he sucks but when everyone is on their job he's a hero even when taking multiple sacks. Media set the bar for Cam because he blew up when he came on the spot suck as 50 cent the rapper. It was cool because it was refreshing but then we heard it too much and hated him. smh the media is deception and is why we've sucked for a long time.

Exactly. On the flip side of that, what happens when Colin Kaepernick throws 3 INT's and 0 TD's? Nobody notices.

You act like ESPN is the only thing that matters. Kaepernick is a talented player but he isn't a championship winning quarterback. I would lump him in with RG3 on quarterbacks who will not be starting in the next few seasons. I don't think Newton is the answer, never truly thought it either but I always believed he might turn things around. Saying this I would still take Newton every day over RG3 and Kaepernick. 

You act like ESPN is the only thing that matters. Kaepernick is a talented player but he isn't a championship winning quarterback. I would lump him in with RG3 on quarterbacks who will not be starting in the next few seasons. I don't think Newton is the answer, never truly thought it either but I always believed he might turn things around. Saying this I would still take Newton every day over RG3 and Kaepernick.

I can't find anything in this post that makes even remotely any sense.

Word recognition and reading comprehension seem to be a problem for you or you're simply ignorant but it is too hard to tell the difference.

Don't get mad because you aren't making a bit of sense.

The only one here who's understood a word of what you've said is yourself. That's not good.

Don't get mad because you aren't making a bit of sense.

The only one here who's understood a word of what you've said is yourself. That's not good.

Not sure where you're having the problem. Was it where I said ESPN is not the only voice on football? Or that I don't think Kaepernick is a championship QB so a 3 interception day doesn't surprise me. Was it about Newton? Sorry but he will not be the starting QB in Carolina once the new coach arrives.

Archived