• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

steve mcnair dead in apparent murder suicide

Fiz

He was found dead with multiple gunshot wounds to the head. It is widely believed by criminalists you don't do that unless you really really hate that person. She had one wound to the head with the gun near her body. I am gonna say that she shot him and killed herself. The police are also not actively looking for a suspect, so they must suspect the same but cannot say so without the autopsy results. You have to ask yourself, what would make her do that?

In that scenario, I guess that could be said. I guess I just didn't remember that part.

KK is right. As an expansion team - and having won a coin flip with the Jags - we had the #1 pic. Story was that Polian had targetted Kerry Collins over McNair (unlikely he'd ever admit to that, given how they turned out). As a result, they traded down for more picks and took Collins at the fifth spot.

Pretty much everyone expected the Titans to take McNair, but on the day of the draft, a rumor spread that they had decided to take Collins instead. One reporter described the reaction in the Panthers war room as "panic". He also said the Panthers had a backup plan if needed, but preferred not to have to use it.

Based on that story, I have my doubts that Polian would have taken McNair. And of course, the next year, Eddie George was available at our draft spot. Polian took Tshimanga Biakabutuka instead, famously (or imfamously) declaring that his concerns about Biakabutuka's health were "none" :rolleyes:

Every time someone talks about Bill Polian as a "genius", I remember these decisions (and others).

One of the things I always hate is when a good guy dies violently like this, especially when there are bizarre circumstances surrounding the death. Worst of all when they give a hunt that the "good guy" may not have been all that he appeared.

A couple reports from PFT:

Police reveal more details in McNair death

Kazemi was arrested two days ago for DUI and refusal to take a Breathalyzer exam. The black Cadillac Escalade involved in the DUI is registered to both Kazemi and McNair.

Mechelle McNair told WSMV-TV that she hadn't heard from her husband in a few days.

Bizarre details emerge in McNair case

Per Ken Whitehouse of NashvillePost.com and the Nashville City Paper, McNair's murder was preceded by a warning that he would be killed.

Citing unnamed sources, Whitehouse reports that McNair was at the Blue Moon Restaurant near the John C. Tune Airport. A white woman in her early 20s approached McNair, accused him of slipping her a "roofie" a year ago, and said that her boyfriend was going to kill him.

Got a feeling I'm going to hate this story even more than I already do before it's over :(

Latest thinking has gone back to the "Murder-Suicide" scenario: The Tennessean

One of the things I always hate is when a good guy dies violently like this, especially when there are bizarre circumstances surrounding the death. Worst of all when they give a hunt that the "good guy" may not have been all that he appeared.

A couple reports from PFT:

Police reveal more details in McNair death

Bizarre details emerge in McNair case

Got a feeling I'm going to hate this story even more than I already do before it's over :(

Latest thinking has gone back to the "Murder-Suicide" scenario: The Tennessean

That's some shocking and some not really shocking developments. I agree, I don't think I'm going to like where this case ends up at.

KK is right. As an expansion team - and having won a coin flip with the Jags - we had the #1 pic. Story was that Polian had targetted Kerry Collins over McNair (unlikely he'd ever admit to that, given how they turned out). As a result, they traded down for more picks and took Collins at the fifth spot.

Pretty much everyone expected the Titans to take McNair, but on the day of the draft, a rumor spread that they had decided to take Collins instead. One reporter described the reaction in the Panthers war room as "panic". He also said the Panthers had a backup plan if needed, but preferred not to have to use it.

Based on that story, I have my doubts that Polian would have taken McNair. And of course, the next year, Eddie George was available at our draft spot. Polian took Tshimanga Biakabutuka instead, famously (or imfamously) declaring that his concerns about Biakabutuka's health were "none" :rolleyes:

Every time someone talks about Bill Polian as a "genius", I remember these decisions (and others).

He's not ashamed of the pick.

http://www.bcsfootball.org/nfl/story/8826092/Collins%27-comeback-one-for-the-ages

"I'm not surprised," says Colts president Bill Polian. "I'm not surprised by anything he's achieved."

Consider Polian's history. While general manager of the Buffalo Bills, the team went to four consecutive Super Bowls. While GM of an expansion team in Carolina, the Panthers went to the conference championship in only their second year. Ten seasons ago, Polian became president of the Colts. Indianapolis has been to the playoffs in eight of those years and won a Super Bowl. In other words, it's safe to stipulate that Polian qualifies among the best assessors of talent in league history. Unlike the vast majority of sportswriters, gamblers and fans, his endorsement means something.

"Terrific arm," Polian says of Collins. "In terms of throwing the ball, there's nothing he can't do. He can make every throw, and he's particularly accurate deep, as you saw."

Of course he's going to toot his own horn every chance he gets, but the man has built some franchise's. I think we would have been better off if he had remained here... Every GM misses here and there.

Archived