• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

steve mcnair dead in apparent murder suicide

Fiz

Really sad. I know a lot of people on here could care less about some of the recent deaths this week, but they have been pretty upsetting to me. For my generation, Michael Jackson was the greatest performer ever, regardless of what you think/thought of him, he was influential to so many people.

The same with McNair... He came out when we got our team. It was around this time I first started playing pee wee football and really started following the game. I couldn't have told you where we picked or who we could've had that draft at the time, but I knew who Steve "Air" McNair was. He was a guy my friends and I would watch and then go out in the yard and pretend we were him. He was one of my favorite players outside of our team... This is just really sad. Prayers and best wishes to his family.

Hidden

Well you're in the minority of people who aren't being blatant hypocrites right now. Most of the others laughed at the Michael Jackson pedophile jokes because they don't like/don't care about him. But because they LIKE Steve McNair, he's untouchable!

And the whole, "YOU CAN ONLY MAKE JOKES ABOUT SOMEONE'S DEATH IF THEY WEREN'T MURDERED" is kind of lame and only serves as a cover for the hypocrisy.

sad

Hidden

Okay, how about Billy Mays? What sin did he commit that warranted all the jokes posted about him? Didn't he have a family too? If it makes you feel better about your inconsistencies on the subject to all gang up on me, have at it. You're still hypocrites.

How do Fiz's balls taste? Schmuck!!!

Hidden

Didn't tell any Billy Mays jokes or Farrah or any about anybody else. Well I did do a David Carradine joke or two.

David Carradine deserved it though.

I didn't see you bothering to tell anyone in the thread making jokes that it was wrong, even though I know you posted in the thread about his death.

Hidden

I wouldn't know, might want to ask your mother.

And before you say "LOL LAME" it was on par with your original post.

Whatever makes you feel better.

While I don't think the deaths of "famous" people are any worse than those of average people, I think it is completely tasteless to make jokes about anyone's death.

Also, weren't you one of the people crying about the jokes re: Michael Jackson? If you were, and I believe I am correct in thinking that, a mirror will give you a great view of hypocrisy.

Hidden

Whatever makes you feel better.

While I don't think the deaths of "famous" people are any worse than those of average people, I think it is completely tasteless to make jokes about anyone's death.

Also, weren't you one of the people crying about the jokes re: Michael Jackson? If you were, and I believe I am correct in thinking that, a mirror will give you a great view of hypocrisy.

I made a comment about Mintal being a hypocrite (for much the same reasons as I've stated in this thread, actually) but I thought most of the jokes were funny. I posted one myself.

My point is that if you're going to make jokes about one person's death, you have to be accepting of any jokes about anyone's death. It's all or nothing, baby.

Archived