• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

steve mcnair dead in apparent murder suicide

Fiz

did anybody read this article from fox sports...

We can quit calling Steve McNair a great leader now. Leadership starts at home.

And I'm no longer all that interested in hearing about the community service work McNair did in Tennessee and Mississippi. Service to community begins at home, too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9777174/Don't-be-so-quick-to-make-McNair-a-hero

There's no doubt he did good things for the community. Those things should be valued for what they were. Many people in the public eye or not have done good and bad things and one can't throw out the good even though the guy did bad things. BUT...Whitock is right about the kids being a deal breaker when it comes to making those types of choices in one's personal life. I can't believe more aren't talking about the drunk driving stuff though. Those kids having a drunk driver for a dad isn't cool either.

Leaders should be good example setters, hence have higher standards for their behavior. Those, he didn't have.

Either way you look at it, it's a sad story. Everyone loses, especially those 4 boys.

None of us knows the circumstances in his marriage and I won't hazard a guess. It's not for me to condemn him now for his poor choices. He's not around to make things right for his kids.

He's human and he screwed up royally by involving this girl (and that's all she is to me...she's less than 2 years older than one of my nieces) so getting involved with a married man had this young woman in way over her head.

I think it's sad that this is the legacy he left his children. He didn't leave them with a very good message of what it is to be a man, husband or father- only that he is much beloved as a former player in the NFL and he is tragically flawed in his relationships with his family.

I have never cheated. Never messed around on a girlfriend either. If somebody new came along, I broke up with her....I have regretted that decision from time to time. But my conscience is clean, when it comes to cheating.

Ditto

Archived