• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

steve mcnair dead in apparent murder suicide

Fiz

so because they are rich and famous they get a pass????

NO

I know you are trying hard to make this not an issue but if you cheat on your wife you have done something wrong..especially with some waitress half your age when you have kids at home. I don't care how much money you have or how much people adore the sport that is your profession. If anything you should be held more accountable.

I am not trying to sound self-righteous here because this has nothing to do with me personally but I do believe that a very large part of why celebrities are always getting into trouble and acting like children is due to the public making excuses for them and trying to paint them as some kind of victim of their successes.

I just don't agree there.

It seems very silly to hear all the people in the "know" talking to the media about how great a guy he was and to hear all the fans who have never even met the guy talk about what a tragedy it is when the guy and his immature actions have led to two unnecessary deaths including his own and a shattered family.

I am sure if he knew that young trim would cost him his own life he would stay away from the spoils of success but apparently his family was not as important as his own life to him and thus the risk was taken.

Doesn't sound like a great man or a victim to me.

Who was talking about a free pass? Guy is dead, no one got a free pass nor do I think he should get one. Sounds like you really missed what I was trying to say.

Adultry is wrong ...the end....and apparently Steve was playing with fire and got burned..... but no one was walking in his shoes, no one knows what he and his wife were going through or the situation they were in. Not all marriages are as cut and dry as the image people have in their head nor the situations always traditional.

Who was talking about a free pass? Guy is dead, no one got a free pass nor do I think he should get one. Sounds like you really missed what I was trying to say.

Adultry is wrong ...the end....and apparently Steve was playing with fire and got burned..... but no one was walking in his shoes, no one knows what he and his wife were going through or the situation they were in. Not all marriages are as cut and dry as the image people have in their head nor the situations always traditional.

I got what you were/are trying to say..that there is a high probability of an excuse for cheating on your wife and that it can come from fame and fortune in the case of athletes. After all its in the statistics.

did I miss anything?

It sounds like you are giving him the benefit of the doubt (a.k.a. pass) as far as judgment goes...dead or not. And that is OK. I just don't agree. No worries.:)

I'm just speculating here, but the timing of her DUI to this seems to me to be important.

Guessing that with the DUI and his involvement= public outing of the affair. So he goes to the young lady and lays out reality.

You are just side action, I'm NOT going to divorce my wife and pay her bills for the next 15 years, and my future isn't as your husband.

She loses it, as 20 year olds can since they haven't been around the block enough to know how to play this game, and the result is what we see.

Again, total speculation but it makes sense to me.

The moral of the story? Stay home with the wife and kids, or divorce her and pay the price if you can't keep your vow.

If you don't like that moralizing.....another moral would be make sure your side action is more the cougar variety. She is more likely to know what's up and just let the fringe benefits be what they may and then move on. :P

I'm just speculating here, but the timing of her DUI to this seems to me to be important.

Guessing that with the DUI and his involvement= public outing of the affair. So he goes to the young lady and lays out reality.

You are just side action, I'm NOT going to divorce my wife and pay her bills for the next 15 years, and my future isn't as your husband.

She loses it, as 20 year olds can since they haven't been around the block enough to know how to play this game, and the result is what we see.

The moral of the story? Stay home with the wife and kids, or divorce her and pay the price if you can't keep your vow.

Reasonable theory.

As far as other players learning from the mistakes Steve apparently made.....I think it will wake many of them up at first but in the end the temptation will lure them back. Men are stupid..... it's what we do and that "stuff" has amazing power over us and our egos.

Sad but true.

but no one was walking in his shoes, no one knows what he and his wife were going through or the situation they were in. Not all marriages are as cut and dry as the image people have in their head nor the situations always traditional.

Sleeping around is the ultimate betrayal of a marriage, unless your marriage is extremely untraditional. No one has to walk in his shoes to know that it is wrong, regardless of the situation.

I could care less about his death, but it always makes me smile when cheaters are exposed in this way. Though McNair's did make me laugh.

Sleeping around is the ultimate betrayal of a marriage, unless your marriage is extremely untraditional. No one has to walk in his shoes to know that it is wrong, regardless of the situation.

I could care less about his death, but it always makes me smile when cheaters are exposed in this way. Though McNair's did make me laugh.

I can't justify laughing about someone's death, even if they did something they shouldn't.

It's not like McNair never did anything good. He blew it here, and he deserves to be lessened in our eyes because of it, but I think this is a bit much.

If you don't like that moralizing.....another moral would be make sure your side action is more the cougar variety. She is more likely to know what's up and just let the fringe benefits be what they may and then move on. :P

I can't justify laughing about someone's death, even if they did something they shouldn't.

It's not like McNair never did anything good. He blew it here, and he deserves to be lessened in our eyes because of it, but I think this is a bit much.

You didn't laugh at an MJ joke the past week? Personally, I think it is funny when people who are trying to be deceptive end up having their business known to everyone in a tragic way (not always death).

You didn't laugh at an MJ joke the past week? Personally, I think it is funny when people who are trying to be deceptive end up having their business known to everyone in a tragic way (not always death).

the dude didnt kill anyone. He fell to temptation that has caught about every man at one point in their life.

He commited no crime against society, but only injustice to his wife. For all we know his wife could have turned out to be some crazy bitch but he stayed with it for the kids?

I will let God judge him. You should to cause karma's a bitch and life has a funny way of making an ass out of all of us.

Dont get caught with your pants down :D

the dude didnt kill anyone. He fell to temptation that has caught about every man at one point in their life.
The majority, maybe, but not about every man. You make it sound like there are 3 guys out there that never cheated.

He commited no crime against society, but only injustice to his wife. For all we know his wife could have turned out to be some crazy bitch but he stayed with it for the kids?
Maybe so, but why have kids with a crazy bitch? Why get married to a crazy bitch?

I will let God judge him. You should to cause karma's a bitch and life has a funny way of making an ass out of all of us.

Dont get caught with your pants down :D

I don't see how laughing at someone's situation is the same as condemning someone to hell or letting them into heaven, but ok...

I have never cheated. Never messed around on a girlfriend either. If somebody new came along, I broke up with her....I have regretted that decision from time to time. But my conscience is clean, when it comes to cheating.

Archived