• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT prospects looking great for this draft

CardiacCats

Love, Love, LOVE this draft. Deep class at OT, WR, and CB. Just what we needed.

Jake Matthews has to be the best OT out of this draft. He could have been the no.1 pick in this past draft if had entered. I thought he was the best OT at A&M last season; better than Joeckel. Matthews is just incredible in pass block. Next on my list is Kouandjio. I believe he's a better pass and run blocker than Taylor Lewan. Lewan is physical and nasty, but is third on my list bc he still needs work on his technique.

This is the year where we should draft an OT in the 1st round, but I'm just not sure if OT is a bigger need or is pairing Cam with a young receiver (Lee, Watkins, Evans) a bigger need. We could go WR first and a guy like Erving, Hurst, or Henderson in the 2nd if there. But I would love to have my hands on one of the top3 OTs.

Wouldn't it be special if gettleman reverse the trend and draft OL in first 2 rounds next year since he believes in winning in the trenches. A great OL with a mobile QB can give the WRs time to get open.

Wouldn't it be special if gettleman reverse the trend and draft OL in first 2 rounds next year since he believes in winning in the trenches. A great OL with a mobile QB can give the WRs time to get open.

Would love it.

Maybe something like this:

Scenario 1:

(1) Best OT

(2) Gabe Jackson / Zach Martin (OG)

Scenario 2:

(1) Cyril Richardson (OG)

(2) Seantrel Henderson / Hurst / Erving (OT)

Would love it.

Maybe something like this:

Scenario 1:

(1) Best OT

(2) Gabe Jackson / Zach Martin (OG)

Scenario 2:

(1) Cyril Richardson (OG)

(2) Seantrel Henderson / Hurst / Erving (OT)

I can really dig that. That's building from where it matters, my friend. I think if we draft CBs we'd still be in the same position as we're not. Those OT/OG would make this offense very explosive.

I can really dig that. That's building from where it matters, my friend. I think if we draft CBs we'd still be in the same position as we're not. Those OT/OG would make this offense very explosive.

Anyway we can do to improve this team. Im always looking for ways to improve. Thats why I love the draft so much. That's where you build your team.

There's a lot of options to go with. I could think of 100 different possibilities. But we have so many areas to address and we need to work with both the FA and the Draft. If JR and Gman is willing to spend just a little bit of money in FA, we can work on filling the rest and more important needs such as OL through the draft. I know we dont have much money to work with, but guys like Godfrey and Dwill could/should be use as cap casualties. Also restructuring Stew to give us some extra cap. I would really like to address WR (Nicks) and CB (Verner) in FA.

• 3 weeks later...

If Jake Matthews is on the board when we pick I think Gettleman will find it very hard to justify not taking him as his is the only blue-collar LT in this class. Others, such as Kouandijo and Lewan, have the potential to be top NFL starters but Matthews is a class apart. If Matthews isn't there, which is more than likely, and Mike Evans is then I think we should go after him instead. Je'Wuan James is projected to go in the 4th or 5th and has the ability to start at RT, although limited to the right side athletically, he has been the key starter on a stellar Tennessee OL. 

Archived