• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some guy thinks Gettleman could be setting Cam up to fail. Discuss.

CardiacCats

What? Sorry, no way...

Our OL was a glaring weakness heading into this season.....Gettlemen bluntly ignored it.

Only thing Gettlemen did this entering this year is tweak contracts that put him in good position for making moves prior to the start of the 2014 season. He had resources to help fix our OL holes....and didn't.

He doesn't believe in the style of football you need to play with a Newton type QB. Pretty much said it when he arrived.

Basically is letting RR sink or swim. Only real investments he made where in HIS defensive line.....the type he would build if RR were here or not.

I said this the moment he was hired. He would sit on his hands and structure things to act after this season. He will then know who his HC will be and THEN help that guy build his offense. He isn't wasting resources on this O unless RR earns it.

JR created this odd GM/HC pairing were the GM has to wait out the fate of a hotseat HC before he will do anything to help him.

Draft picks were not RR picks. They were DG model picks

Our OL was a glaring weakness heading into this season.....Gettlemen bluntly ignored it.

Only thing Gettlemen did this entering this year is tweak contracts that put him in good position for making moves prior to the start of the 2014 season. He had resources to help fix our OL holes....and didn't.

He doesn't believe in the style of football you need to play with a Newton type QB. Pretty much said it when he arrived.

Basically is letting RR sink or swim. Only real investments he made where in HIS defensive line.....the type he would build if RR were here or not.

I said this the moment he was hired. He would sit on his hands and structure things to act after this season. He will then know who his HC will be and THEN help that guy build his offense. He isn't wasting resources on this O unless RR earns it.

It is why our OL is trash, WRs all are Bandaids and on one year deals. He wasnt all on.....and you can't blame him. Blame JR

i'm starting to agree with everything except about Cam.

i'm starting to agree with everything except about Cam.

What about Cam?

You think the dinosaur GM believes in playing the game with a QB like Cam? The day he arrived he pretty much answered that....he doesn't.

He wants to rush a front four, pound the rock and have a pocket passer to occasionally go downfield off play action. DG wants John Fox essentially.....that is what he believes in IMO

It is why our OL is trash, WRs all are Bandaids and on one year deals. He wasnt all on.....and you can't blame him. Blame JR

You are making some good points, but I still just do not see that he wants Cam to fail. Sure he might want to implement his kind of guys, sure he wants to build his style of team, but wanting your franchise QB to fail by sabotating him/the team and accepting loosing game after game would only lead to a bad reputation for himself. I can not see this.

Pretty retarded thing to say.

SMH

How is saying an old school GM doesn't believe if you build a team.....you do it with a quirky new age QB? How is that retarded?

NFL is full of guys with their own view. Not many believe in the adapt to whatever and it is cool motto

What about Cam?

You think the dinosaur GM believes in playing the game with a QB like Cam? The day he arrived he pretty much answered that....he doesn't.

He wants to rush a front four, pound the rock and have a pocket passer to occasionally go downfield off play action. DG wants John Fox essentially.....that is what he believes in IMO

I don't believe that, but i'm not gonna argue this with you because i already have. You took out of context quotes to back up your claims. Rayzor verified everything. DG loves what Cam brings to the table.

The Panthers team! Where QBs don't go if they want a real future in the NFL and fans who live in a world of cyncism.

And for those who seem to rather spend time picking the pimples off of Cam's ass rather than admit their have serious issues, just remember all those long and short balls u seem to notice Cam making only means your recievers need to run a bit faster or pay more attention to the ball.

Funny how no one sits and counts how many long and short balls the other young QBs throw. I guess those teams' fans r more interested in a team win than what one individual is doing.

How is saying an old school GM doesn't believe if you build a team.....you do it with a quirky new age QB? How is that retarded?

NFL is full of guys with their own view. Not many believe in the adapt to whatever and it is cool motto

Its retarded because Gettleman doesn't design the playbook or call the plays. He handles personnel and salaries.

What the panthers did on the field has absolutely nothing to do with Gettleman.

Good lord people, will you swallow what any fan with a keyboard types?

Archived