• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sands and Robertson?

scpanther22

The lack of depth at DT is my main concern as well. Drafting Irvin is not going to help us this year. The guy is raw and will take time to develop. Free agent rookies doesn't exactly make me feel all warm a fuzzy inside either.

Anything short of us picking up a FA DT of some worth will make me point to that as the failure of the FO this offseason...especially if we get gashed by teams with interior runs.

as more time goes by i think its more likely he does sign just to get on a roster...

We're waiting to see if we can get by with what we got & hoping nobody gets hurt. He's hoping a projected starting DT fails miserably or possibly gets dinged up in the pre-season to keep his price up. If we were seriously considering Robertson, there would have been talks to get him in and acclimate him to the system. Sands isn't an option unless we're willing to deal with Davis.

all of our backups are projects and you are fine with that?

Yeah, why aren't you? I know it's great to think we have to get every available free agent out there, but what's wrong with what we got? I think it's pretty good...

Yeah, why aren't you? I know it's great to think we have to get every available free agent out there, but what's wrong with what we got? I think it's pretty good...

i would be fine with what we have. if they were not all young UDFA and 7th rounders..all of our backups are projects thats new to the NFL..we need at least one older vet..

i would be fine with what we have. if they were not all young UDFA and 7th rounders..all of our backups are projects thats new to the NFL..we need at least one older vet..

Well I don't think we do. Sure, it would be fine as wine to have one, but I don't think we necessarily need one. I think we might be just fine as is, we just need work...

IDK how we can be fine when nothing has changed since last year. If anything, it has gotten worse. Walker and Gibson are gone. Now we have Irvin, who was a little bit of a reach and not sure how he'll do, and Hayden, who was getting handled when he played last year. After that, it's nothing but UDFAs.

With Robertson, it depends. If we can work on a rotation with him, Lewis, Irvin, and Kemo, we could make it work. But I'm not a huge fan of leaving him out there for too many plays since he has had some knee problems in the past. That and also, if he asks for too much money, it's a no go.

I was hoping we would get a quick, pass rushing threat at DT this off-season, but no luck. I thought Robertson could help with that, but apparently our front office wasn't serious about signing him. I feel like DT, other than the signing of Kemo a couple years ago, has been our most neglected position in recent years.

I was hoping we would get a quick, pass rushing threat at DT this off-season, but no luck. I thought Robertson could help with that, but apparently our front office wasn't serious about signing him. I feel like DT, other than the signing of Kemo a couple years ago, has been our most neglected position in recent years.

i think irvin to the FO is that pass rushing threat..but he is very raw and will take time..this year i am expecting a lot of our DE to play DT on a lot of downs to make up for lack of true DT depth.

Archived