• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kuechly PI

Keep Pounding

I think Luke got his arm, and at that deep thats gonna be a no no

Never touched his arm. It was a love tap, Stevie pulled a Lebron, saw the ball was over thrown, and flopped. Idc what you guys think you saw but it was a jerk reaction by the ref in an up tempo part of the game where adrenaline is high. No call or anything it wouldn't have mattered because the ball was overthrown.

It seemed like a late flag. I think if the pass falls incomplete rather than being intercepted it's probably a no call as the refs hate calling pass interference at the end of the game. It would have been 4th and 6 at the 31 with around 12 seconds left in that case. The pass interference was probably the worst thing that could happen so of course that is what happened.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Call could've went either way.  Luke had 2 crucial errors on that drive, though.  Missed a tackle, and had that PI.  Without the PI, we win the game.  The leader of the defense has to do better than that, and needs to execute with the game on the line.  So far when it comes to closing out games, it looks like the leader of the defense isn't very "clutch".

No doubt Luke made one, and maybe two critical mistakes on that drive, but for you to place further blame on him, and then include the team's failures to close out other games, is unquestionably the most idiotic statement I have ever seen on this forum, or any other forum...ever.

No doubt Luke made one, and maybe two critical mistakes on that drive, but for you to place further blame on him, and then include the team's failures to close out other games, is unquestionably the most idiotic statement I have ever seen on this forum, or any other forum...ever.

Man, I'm not placing blame on Luke lol.  Luke is a damn good MLB, and I'm glad to have him on the team.  But it is a FACT that his defense hasn't been able to hold onto leads late in games, just like you probably believe it is fact that Cam hasn't done enough to win games late in the games. I was just trying to prove a point.  You sure are quick to defend Luke, though.  Weren't you just calling out Cam earlier for some of his miscues? It's funny how ppl here are so quick to come to the rescue for Luke or the defense's miscues but have no problem throwing Cam under.

Man, I'm not placing blame on Luke lol.  Luke is a damn good MLB, and I'm glad to have him on the team.  But it is a FACT that his defense hasn't been able to hold onto leads late in games, just like you probably believe it is fact that Cam hasn't done enough to win games late in the games. I was just trying to prove a point.  You sure are quick to defend Luke, though.  Weren't you just calling out Cam earlier for some of his miscues? It's funny how ppl here are so quick to come to the rescue for Luke or the defense's miscues but have no problem throwing Cam under.

Surely you cannot blame Luke's leadership, or any other skill he has, for the Panther's infamous 4th quarter meltdowns.  Every team member has to execute, and that often does not happen.  I saw at least one blown play today where Keek was screaming at whoever it was that missed his assignment right up in his face....even played it back.  The bigger issue today, and in most games lately, is the piss poor, way too conservative play-calling from upstairs and from RR.  Relatively speaking, the entire defense, for over half the time they were on the field, played subpar, and that's putting it mildly.  If Luke strings three or four games together with bona fide PI penalties and missed tackles, then I'll be the last to "come to his rescue."  However, I am not worried about that.  Assuming he stays healthy and plays for a decent team for ten years, he is a lock for the HOF. 

And as for Cam, yes, I am calling him out big time.  He was the reason I started going to the games again dropping four or five C notes a pop.  Cam has a great arm and legs, but his inconsistency, sporadic wildly inaccurate passing, and lack of leadership qualities (more pouting on camera seen on camera again today between series), lead me to believe he is not our savior franchise QB unless he shows a huge improvement in those areas.  My wife bought me a Newton T to wear to the opener.  It now lives in my trunk to wipe off bird poo off of my car.  I replaced it with a 59 jersey to proudly wear on game days.

Surely you cannot blame Luke's leadership, or any other skill he has, for the Panther's infamous 4th quarter meltdowns.  Every team member has to execute, and that often does not happen.  I saw at least one blown play today where Keek was screaming at whoever it was that missed his assignment right up in his face....even played it back.  The bigger issue today, and in most games lately, is the piss poor, way too conservative play-calling from upstairs and from RR.  Relatively speaking, the entire defense, for over half the time they were on the field, played subpar, and that's putting it mildly.  If Luke strings three or four games together with bona fide PI penalties and missed tackles, then I'll be the last to "come to his rescue."  However, I am not worried about that.  Assuming he stays healthy and plays for a decent team for ten years, he is a lock for the HOF. 

And as for Cam, yes, I am calling him out big time.  He was the reason I started going to the games again dropping four or five C notes a pop.  Cam has a great arm and legs, but his inconsistency, sporadic wildly inaccurate passing, and lack of leadership qualities (more pouting on camera seen on camera again today between series), lead me to believe he is not our savior franchise QB unless he shows a huge improvement in those areas.  My wife bought me a Newton T to wear to the opener.  It now lives in my trunk to wipe off bird poo off of my car.  I replaced it with a 59 jersey to proudly wear on game days.

So it's okay to question Cam's leadership, but oh God no, don't question Luke's.  His unit hasn't held up, just like Cam's hasn't.  Lol your not worried about Luke or his unit, even though they haven't been clutch since he's gotten here.  Your worried about Cam, though.  I don't care what you do with your jersey man.  That was just extra, and irrelevant to me.

So it's okay to question Cam's leadership, but oh God no, don't question Luke's.  His unit hasn't held up, just like Cam's hasn't.  Lol your not worried about Luke or his unit, even though they haven't been clutch since he's gotten here.  Your worried about Cam, though.  I don't care what you do with your jersey man.  That was just extra, and irrelevant to me.

What I did with my Cam shirt is about as relevant as your assessment of Luke.  He screwed up on a crucial series today.  That's it.  Nearly 100 percent of every other poster on this board, hell, even other team's boards, coaches, analysts, you name it, all say this kid is already at the top in virtually every aspect of his game.  NUMEROUS D vets have said he took over the defense and they are more than happy about it.  THAT is a true, born leader.  The only legit criticism was that he was a bit weak in pass coverage last year, but with a decent front this year, now that he can roam, check out his INT and PD stat trends.  And yes, I say again, Cam has shown me NOTHING that demonstrates franchise QB quality leadership on anywhere near a consistent basis.  That C on his jersey was probably voted on by the team in an effort to remind him to do more leading and less pouting, showboating, etc.  You have your opinion and I have mine.  Have fun trying to support your contention that Keek is a failure at leading his teammates and that Cam is on equal footing in that regard.  

Stevie Johnson said in the post-game press conference that they called this play specifically to try to get the pass interference call.

So SJ ran the route with the specific task of making it look like Kuechly redirected him. 

It was pretty obvious to me at the time that Stevie Johnson had no desire to catch the ball, but rather, run straight into Kuechly's back.

f*** this *** earth

Stevie Johnson said in the post-game press conference that they called this play specifically to try to get the pass interference call.

So SJ ran the route with the specific task of making it look like Kuechly redirected him. 

It was pretty obvious to me at the time that Stevie Johnson had no desire to catch the ball, but rather, run straight into Kuechly's back.

f*** this *** earth

Total coward football right there. Keuchly didn't even do anything from what I say. Typical refs cheating us out of the game.

Archived