• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UCF QB Blake Bortles

teeray

Been pimping this guy for a while now, but he is slowly starting to get his due. Especially after having a good day in a win against PSU today.

Will be likely a first or second day pick guaranteed.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/playercard?playerId=505719&src=desktop

His game translates. He is smart, plays in a NFL style offense, and has just enough swagger.

i keep hearing his name being brought up as someone who will rise this season. who does he compare to?

That is a good question that I don't have a good answer to.

He has good size, he is 6'4 230, has decent zip on the ball, but i am not sure how good he is vertically down field. But he is smart and doesn't make bad decisions. He also seems to be confident. Not cocky and demonstrative but he has just a little swagger which I like in a QB.

I'm not saying he is the next great QB or anything. But he is a guy flying under the radar that will go in the first three rounds.

If I had to pick a guy in the NFL that he reminds me of it would be Matt Schaub.

That is a good question that I don't have a good answer to.

He has good size, he is 6'4 230, has decent zip on the ball, but i am not sure how good he is vertically down field. But he is smart and doesn't make bad decisions. He also seems to be confident. Not cocky and demonstrative but he has just a little swagger which I like in a QB.

I'm not saying he is the next great QB or anything. But he is a guy flying under the radar that will go in the first three rounds.

If I had to pick a guy in the NFL that he reminds me of it would be Matt Schaub.

Word around the league is Schaub is holing his team back. So I'm not sure that's a compliment to be similar to him.

Word around the league is Schaub is holing his team back. So I'm not sure that's a compliment to be similar to him.

Unless you have one of the elites everyone (fans/media) thinks their QB is holding their team back.

Schaub is a good QB

Also, I was just trying to think of someone he reminded me of. They aren't exactly alike

• 1 month later...

All Bortles everything. He has been so efficient against good teams this season. Just beat Louisville. Already beat Penn State. And took the Cocks to the brink

He still reminds me of Matt Schaub though who is not popular at the moment. He could be a good game manager who could be effective if you put great players around him. But he won't carry an offense.

• 1 month later...

I'm just bumping this up because I was pimping him before it became cool to pimp him :lol:

Now he is getting to dangerously overrated level as now people are saying possible first or second round.

I still think he is a third round pick. I still think he is a guy that will need playmakers around him, and that he can't simply carry an NFL offense.

He also still reminds me of a better Matt Schaub.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Moving on up! Heard he had a good combine. I didn't expect him to go first round. I stand by my eval that he can be a solid starting QB but more of a game manager. His stock his probably too high right now. But I like him and was on this train before most draftniks even knew who he was.

Archived