• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D-Will's 2009 production to drop?

ncbobcat

PLEASE HELP

I was able to draft both Stewart and Williams, but I have a question should I consider dropping Dominic Rhodes and adding Mike Goodson?

Well, you have Rhodes, who for the first 4 games will spilt carries with Fred Jackson due to the suspension of Marshawn Lynch. The bills should be able to run the football better with the addition of TO. As of now Goodson is the third running back for Carolina. I am pretty sure that no one will pick him up so I would keep Rhodes for now.

Just my blurb

Well, you have Rhodes, who for the first 4 games will spilt carries with Fred Jackson due to the suspension of Marshawn Lynch. The bills should be able to run the football better with the addition of TO. As of now Goodson is the third running back for Carolina. I am pretty sure that no one will pick him up so I would keep Rhodes for now.

Just my blurb

call me crazy, but I don't think TO is going to make much of a difference. We'll have to see, but by week4 I think it'll be evident.

-----------------

I don't know if I'd take Goodson in this situation. You already have 2 RB's on your fantasy team who are on the same team, which is great out on the field, but fantasy you're going to want more of a contributor than a 3rd RB who may not see as much time as you would like from a FF player...

For that pickup to be beneficial, you're going to have to see DWill or Stew get injured so Goodson sees more time. At this point, it's a major risk...

If you want him for WR purposes, I'd go for a WR who has more of a chance to actually get the ball. Over the years have proven, Goodson may not be as big of a contributor as his potential would appear.

No other variables factor in? A healthy Williams and O-line mean better numbers for DeAngelo than last season. That's some high expectations.

The only factor that could change things would be the play calling. But I really don't see Fox allowing Davidson to go air attach after the playoff game. If all are healthy then his numbers should go up.

The only factor that could change things would be the play calling. But I really don't see Fox allowing Davidson to go air attach after the playoff game. If all are healthy then his numbers should go up.

We're in the minority it seems. I know it's safe to say his numbers will go down, but with the same line having a year together, even with a tougher schedule I think his numbers will be consistent or go up, slightly. He did set a high bar last year...

We're in the minority it seems. I know it's safe to say his numbers will go down, but with the same line having a year together, even with a tougher schedule I think his numbers will be consistent or go up, slightly. He did set a high bar last year...

I think these group of guys being together for a 2nd year on the oline is going to be huge, and to think we won't contend with this years schedule is simply ignoring that fact.

I think he'll drop a little bit in production, but will still be very effective. Remember, this time last year everyone just wanted a RB that could crack 1000 yards. I think he can come close to the same yardage, but it'll be damn hard to repeat 20 TDs. Defense are going to play us a lot safer than last year. It's no secret that we have a big play offense so expect us to see bend-but-don't-break type defenses to force us into long drives.

williams's production will depend on stewart's health.

if stewart gets as knicked and banged up as he did last season, fox will be cautious again giving williams the bigger half of the load.

if stewart stays healthy and produces just like last season (or better), expect the load to be closer to 50/50.

with less touches, williams will have to have more consistent (and better) production in order to duplicate/best last season's numbers. if he has a slow period like the beginning of last season, his stats will drop big time.

personally, i see both backs around the 1200 yard mark next season.

i'm not sure what a RB by committee ranking has to do with how many carries he'll get.

there are even more factors to weigh in outside what i've mentioned and the author of the link the OP put up.

the problem is it's tough to give an honest critique of williams on the huddle without people getting butt hurt...

i'm not sure what a RB by committee ranking has to do with how many carries he'll get.

there are even more factors to weigh in outside what i've mentioned and the author of the link the OP put up.

the problem is it's tough to give an honest critique of williams on the huddle without people getting butt hurt...

Look, if you want to call fail, call it, no skin off my nose. I just know my thinking is that Stewart is just fine, Williams feels great and a young veteran line is standing in front of him. If you think he will fail, then that's on you...

Look, if you want to call fail, call it, no skin off my nose. I just know my thinking is that Stewart is just fine, Williams feels great and a young veteran line is standing in front of him. If you think he will fail, then that's on you...

personally, i see both backs around the 1200 yard mark next season.

i don't consider rushing for 1200 yards a failure. he simply won't reproduce or best last season's numbers.

i don't consider rushing for 1200 yards a failure. he simply won't reproduce or best last season's numbers.

Neither will I to tell the truth, I just don't anticipate him having a worse season than last year, I expect better. Is it realistic? Maybe not, but it does have precedence, He was the number one running back in the history of the NCAA. He did have an awesome line which is coming back intact with experience. He still has an awesome back spelling him and another in the wings. I think he'll do as much or better this year, but that's just me...

I'd like to point to Williams' first two seasons. Playing behind a line plagued with injuries and playing second fiddle to DeShaun Foster, he still managed to put up these numbers.

2006 - 121 carries, 501 yds, 4.1 ypc, 2 TD's (1 recieving)

2007 - 144 carries, 717 yrds, 5.0 ypc, 5 TD's (1 recieving)

Now, given that he was a backup and that the offense as a whole was decisively weak, and he still manages to improve every one of his rushing stats from an 8-8 season to a 7-9 season? No, he will not suddenly stop improving this year, and if his production falls any it will not be the dramatic numbers that everyone is proposing. Split time with Stewart or not, tougher defense or not, injured line or not, DeAngelo is gonna get his and in a big way.

Teams will be paying close attention to #34 next season. If he posts better #'s than he did last year he will solidify himself as the best back in the league. It will be hard to even duplicate what he did last season. Look at #89 in 05. He had a nice year in 06, but it didnt match up to 05 because teams really focused on him and understood how big a threat he was after his triple crown year. I think the same is gonna happen to #34 this year. Teams are gonna really focus on shutting down our running game and beating us on 1st and 2nd down. We need to be prepared for that and make them pay with the passing game.

Archived